Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a laser beam I can track with a video camera

Didn't see your post there FML, only after I wrote mine, but we're thinking on pretty close lines. Of course the rotation around the Y-axis wouold require quite some torque, more than what you can get with a small 9V motor...

Another way, maybe.

laserpivot2.jpg

If you just need to practice then you could simply use an o-ring to maintain the laser powered on, then hang it with a string from anything that is on the ceiling and let the pendulum motion begin!

Want to see the beam? Get a 50mW module from o-like and use little smoke.
Don't wanna see the beam? Get any IR pointer for cheap, cool option :)

Asherz

Red Laser Crab > Maplin

You could get that, there on ebay aswell, I've got one, it's only got a cheap crap 5mw red laser in there but theirs two mirrors and you can just pop the switch to auto or manual or what ever so you can change it, or the auto one will change patterns to songs or just a loop of patterns which is continuous, it does also just move a single beam sometimes as well.

You could if you wanted just replace the cheap red laser module in there for a 50mw green or what ever from O-like.

Just a suggestion.

Oh, I just got another idea.

It's kinda tricky but it's really simple.

Get a 120mm and an 80mm fan.

Somehow put the module on the 80mm fan and make a simple controller for fan speed (500kOhm pot), mount the controller on the 80mm fan.

Now mount the 80mm fan+ controller on the 120mm fan, make a controller for it too.

If you build a surface for the laser module in which you will make the laser shine at an angle different than 90° from the surface then you'll have a spinning tunnel :)