Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a high voltage current supply (~20mA)

Hi,

I am looking for a high voltage current supply that can supply up to 20mA at 600V-1000V. It is meant to power a hollow cathode lamp. Up to now I could not find a supply that with the ab. specs for under 1500$ (new though).

If somebody knows a source that offers such a supply in working condition, please let me know!

Singlemode

I've made a very similar power supply for very cheap using a variac, microwave oven transformer, a pile of 1N4007 diodes, and a filter capacitor. The variac and microwave transformer will give you 0~2kV AC, then put that through a rectifier bridge (using 4 strings of 10 series 1N4007 diodes) and you have that voltage in DC, but still noisy. Adding a capacitor will filter that output so it is more stable. You can limit the output current using a choke of some sort like another microwave transformer, or even just a lightbulb in series with the primary of the transformer.

If you don't want to mess with building your own PSUs, look into electrophoresis PSUs. I have bought some ones made by LKB Bromma for under $50, and IIRC they could do 20mA at 1000V DC with fully adjustable voltage and current. eBay has a bunch for sale.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pharmacia-...097881&hash=item4b2d2e9a21:g:ZsQAAOSw9DVZqb3K
These shut off if you don't have cords plugged into both of the outputs, but other than that they are easy to use, and very cheap!

Not exactly what you are looking for..,.
But have you considered one of these...??

https://www.banggood.com/Universal-...-p-1138328.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

You could perhaps do something with or
modify that and it's cheap to buy.

Jerry
That looks to be an AC PSU, and singlemode needs a DC PSU for this.

Last edited: