Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a 495nm blue laser - low power

diachi

I don't wanna wait. You didn't tell Hap to wait. I want satisfaction now.

You were just the last person to post to the thread when I made my post, I quoted you but that post was directed at everyone. Looks like OPs budget is in the 10s of dollars range, which is what I thought it'd end up being.

Also...

I can't get no satisfaction, I can't get no satisfaction
'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try
I can't get no, I can't get no

Blimey! Some excellent replies thanks guys.

I am looking to excite some fluorophores for a microscope but have limited budget (tens of quid/dollars rather than hundreds). The good thing is that there are dozens of chemicals available so I can pick and choose my frequencies.

There is one stain I would like to try, which has a peak excitation at 495nm. However, if really pushed I could try some clever optics to focus LED (non-laser) as there are turquoise devices close to that range.

Thanks for the replies, give it a few years and maybe there will be a full spectrum of pointers for a few quid on eBay!

Cheers,
Steve

Yes, unfortunately you're not going to get anything at 495nm for anywhere near that price, not yet anyway. Maybe a few years down the road. We may have some 480nm diodes coming up but those haven't been confirmed yet, so until that happens we have no idea if that's what they actually are.

You were just the last person to post to the thread when I made my post, I quoted you but that post was directed at everyone.

Also...

I can't get no satisfaction, I can't get no satisfaction
'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try
I can't get no,...
Good, I thought you just had me in your sights. 😉

Last edited:
488 and 492 generally works for most of those Stains and dyes, but sadly they cost stupid amounts of money. Specially if you're doing something like microscopy or spectroscopy.

If you're looking for a single wavelength I actually go for a 488-20 sapphire. But the cost is definitely not cheap. Entry 488 lasers are usually at least 1500-2000 used, let alone new. I have several but they don't really go for very cheap. I have a blue sky laser that might actually do ok for a somewhat more reasonable cost. Tell us more about what youre doing. I might be able to help.

Last edited: