Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a 10W laser

Can someone point me towards a company that offers a fiber coupled 10W+ 630-660nm laser? Budget is <$5000. I've seen IPG Photonic's Red raman fiber laser but looking to see if there's anything else out there.

Thanks in advance!

diachi

Can someone point me towards a company that offers a fiber coupled 10W+ 630-660nm laser? Budget is <$5000. I've seen IPG Photonic's Red raman fiber laser but looking to see if there's anything else out there.

Thanks in advance!

What is the application? I can't find anything fibre coupled above 7 Watts for that wavelength range.

What is the application? I can't find anything fibre coupled above 7 Watts for that wavelength range.

Yea I'm having a hard time finding anything else. I contacted CNI and they make an OEM module with fiber output for around $6500. This is for an experimental skin treatment device we are developing.

Do you know the fiber size you want?

We'd like a max of 400um, although the design can be modified to accomadate something larger.

diachi

Yea I'm having a hard time finding anything else. I contacted CNI and they make an OEM module with fiber output for around $6500. This is for an experimental skin treatment device we are developing.

We'd like a max of 400um, although the design can be modified to accomadate something larger.

To be honest, I don't think you'll be able to find anything at that power level with that budget. I can't even find anything at those powers that isn't a custom build. Even just finding bare diodes at those powers is proving to be difficult. The highest I've seen is 8 Watts at 638nm for a conduction cooled package diode - Fibre insertion losses would take you down in power a fair chunk too.

This is for an experimental skin treatment device we are developing.

I checked Mitsi diodes. They have 0.5 W and some experimental 1.8 W. That would take a lot of diodes to get to >7 W (meaning $$$). However, they can produce more power [almost double] if modulated. Can your treatment done with pulsed lasers?

To be honest, I don't think you'll be able to find anything at that power level with that budget. I can't even find anything at those powers that isn't a custom build. Even just finding bare diodes at those powers is proving to be difficult. The highest I've seen is 8 Watts at 638nm for a conduction cooled package diode - Fibre insertion losses would take you down in power a fair chunk too.

Yea that's what I figured. I did find a CNI 7W module for $6200 though. We may push into the 808nm range.. way easier to get a ton of power out of NIR. Thanks anyway!

I checked Mitsi diodes. They have 0.5 W and some experimental 1.8 W. That would take a lot of diodes to get to >7 W (meaning $$$). However, they can produce more power [almost double] if modulated. Can your treatment done with pulsed lasers?

Ideally we would need to be as close to CW as possible for our technique - but I will look into pulsing a lower power source. Thanks!

diachi

Yea that's what I figured. I did find a CNI 7W module for $6200 though. We may push into the 808nm range.. way easier to get a ton of power out of NIR. Thanks anyway!

Ideally we would need to be as close to CW as possible for our technique - but I will look into pulsing a lower power source. Thanks!

If you can use IR then you will have no problem finding 10W Fibre Coupled at 808nm, or even more power than that.