Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Long time lurker, first time member...

First, I would just like to say thanks to all of you for giving me "so" much awesome reading material when I get stuck in the office while on duty. So my first action as a member was the donation board... It's kinda like when I go to poker, most of the time I go just to hang out and a have drink or 10, and have a lot of fun with good friends, and for only 20 to 40 bucks, and that's only for a few hours, so yeah that's a pretty good deal... You guys have easily given me 90+ hours of reading and research content. So yeah, huge thank you for that.

Oh and the etiquette and acceptance threads were pretty thorough, I tip my hat to daguin.

Well, a little about me... nah, who cares, ya wanna know, I'm sure you'll ask...

"How I got here and why I'd like to stay" seems like it should be a mandatory thing in everybody's intro to show proof of reading some of those threads to queue members in on whose paying attention... Anyways, HOW I found LPF I'm sure is an extreme rarity and "I'm sure" never has happened before, in fact you may even be wondering why I even came here after I went to them... WICKED-f***ing-LASERS.... :evil: yeah-yeah, I know... but you know what, everbody should be thankful for that evil lying company, because the ignorant people buy right away, then that leaves the others who eventually find LPF and yeah, the community handles business accordingly... and well I'm sure you'll have me pegged soon enough which category of them that I fall into.

I'd like to stay because there are so many of you with such powerful back stories that I want to learn(still so much reading and stalking to do), how you all got started, the journey itself, what truly is it that draws you to this tech? all these queries and more.

To be honest that is all I can really say right now for a cold intro. Perhaps once I get my bearing and am a little more learned, I can figure out better any type of aspirations I may have and how to go about them. Though I gotta say it sure would be pretty nice to have one of Joe's 7.3's. :whistle:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF Trynnun.

Great introduction, sounds like you've done your homework.
LPF is kind of like when you go to poker, you hang out and have a laser or ten, and have fun with friends! :beer:

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay here!

Jeff

Last edited:
Welcome to LPF, Trynnun! You've done well to read up and digest the great info here. There's so many factors to consider before you even think about buying or building your own collection. The rules and regulations in Italy that affect the import and usage of lasers is important to take note of. Personal conduct when lasering indoors or the soon-to-be-banned outdoors (currently a controversial topic in our "Safety & Legal Issues" Section) is the next. But the most critical is the possession and discipline of using safety eyeware because you could be permanently injured in the retina from any accidental 'selfies'.

welcomed to the forums, Trynnun. It's funny; I too found my way here by looking for reviews of wicked (crap) Lasers. joined up and never looked back. It's a great place and I hope you enjoy your time here.
Ed