Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Long Exposure of my DL Spartan 1W 447nm

I thought I would share a pic now as an intro, and say hello. I'm new to the forum, though I've been reading it with steadily growing interest for the last 18 months or so, and already own a few lasers, with a couple more on order. I'm sensible, discreet and I've got various forms of wavelength specific eye wear. Thanks in large part to the safety threads on this forum :)

My Spartan was reported to measure 1.6W when I first got it, so it was vastly over spec. I've had it for about 3 years now and not measured it since. In that time I've done some long exposure shots of it along with natural beam-shots. Here is one of it reflecting/refracting on the surface of a local quarry lake.

Hope you enjoy looking at some more of my pics in future. Nice to be a member on here at last. Looking forward to learning and contributing.

Aardvark :beer:

Attachments

• lpfquarry.JPG
    lpfquarry.JPG
    327.2 KB · Views: 272

SteveT

Hi and welcome to the forums, nice pic of the Spartan there :)

Thank you Steve :yh: I'm looking forward to chatting to people. Looks like a good community here. I'm in the south of England, don't suppose you are southern also? I may upload more pics or a review of something at some point. If anyone knows how to upload a picture actually in a reply not just as an attachment that would be good to know?! :yh:

SteveT

Thank you Steve :yh: I'm looking forward to chatting to people. Looks like a good community here. I'm in the south of England, don't suppose you are southern also? I may upload more pics or a review of something at some point. If anyone knows how to upload a picture actually in a reply not just as an attachment that would be good to know?! :yh:

Hi, I am from Suffolk. If you want to upload a pic you will need to host it on the Web (photobucket/Dropbox etc.) then use the IMG tags to link right to it.

Last edited:
Welcome from another UK member, a bit further up north, and still very new here ! :)

Excellent :yh: thank you. I'll have to get an account with dropbox or photobucket soon :p Glad to see we have a few UK members. I honestly didn't think there would be so many. Great that you are all so quick reading the forum and replying :) thanks guys!

Hello Aardvark, welcome to LPF. I recommend photobucket, that's how I post all my photos and it makes it easy to edit and resize your photos.

Alan

Hello! Welcome to LPF! :yh: Nice laser you have! I wish to have a 1W blue handheld too.

I use the Dropbox + img tag, so my images never expires.

Unfortunately I'm from Brazil, not close to you.

:beer:

Beauty you have there, must be stunning to see such a laser when there is fog around ;)

Welcome aboard as well!

-Alex

Thanks guys :D yes I will have to make a foggy night video of it at some point for you :D