Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Long die Open Can red diode Store! YOU PAY, I SHIP

Re: Long die Open Can red diode Store! YOU PAY, I

amkdeath said:
[quote author=sk8er4514 link=1223231352/0#12 date=1223434474][quote author=amkdeath link=1223231352/0#9 date=1223422458]lawl add funds = if yer heart be wanting it

or if you want me to harvest. Generally $5. But A LOT OF RISK and work goes into this. If I screw your diode I have to harvest another one for you...

so be kind! OR ELSE!

jkjk

oh, and dude, work on your vocab:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/fuds

regards,

amk
how many diodes do you kill while harvesting? I haven't broken one for at least 50 sleds so far and am starting a new technique to not use the soldering gun, it takes longer but is much safer to the diode.

good luck,
Kendall[/quote]

sigh yea, its all good , until I get to extracting form the heatsink. these sleds have an INSANELY arrogant heatsink...

how do you get around it?

regards,

amk[/quote]
patience and experience. it is not easy.

-Kendall

sk8er4514 said:
[quote author=amkdeath link=1223231352/0#13 date=1223435509][quote author=sk8er4514 link=1223231352/0#12 date=1223434474][quote author=amkdeath link=1223231352/0#9 date=1223422458]lawl add funds = if yer heart be wanting it

or if you want me to harvest. Generally $5. But A LOT OF RISK and work goes into this. If I screw your diode I have to harvest another one for you...

so be kind! OR ELSE!

jkjk

oh, and dude, work on your vocab:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/fuds

regards,

amk
how many diodes do you kill while harvesting? I haven't broken one for at least 50 sleds so far and am starting a new technique to not use the soldering gun, it takes longer but is much safer to the diode.

good luck,
Kendall[/quote]

sigh yea, its all good , until I get to extracting form the heatsink. these sleds have an INSANELY arrogant heatsink...

how do you get around it?

regards,

amk[/quote]
patience and experience. it is not easy.

-Kendall[/quote]

I CAN harvest, I was just curios how YOU harvest. the way i harvest takes about 30 minutes :-/ (for these drives).

lawl,

regards

amk

I can harvest these dudes in about 1 to 2 minutes: here's how:

1)desolder with hot and fast iron (optional).

2) Pry off diode plus heatsink with vise-grip pliers and clamp diode's heatsink with vise-grips enough to where it won't move when hack sawed.

3) CAREFULLY and SLOWLY saw through the side that is the bottom of the laser; cut almost through to the BOTTOM of the LD can.

4) pry the heatsink apart with 2 vise grips clamped on each end in a make a wish motion.

5) if it's stubborn, tease the diode out with a pen knife to the bottom of the ld, and if neccessary clean off excessive black epoxy with the same..

6 clamp dode in a 5.6mm pin vice - test and enjoy your new high power LD!

ok got ur payment.