Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LOL @ summer school kids

hahaha, its so difficult!
Its hypothetical for me and even I cant choose ;D
I reckon Id probably go blue though, just cause a burner can light matches, pop balloons and etch/melt through wood and plastic, whereas youd never get bored of a million rainbows with some sweet diffraction gratings in your room :D

diachi

if you got an RPL blue 35 you could burn some stuff with it :D

Diachi said:
Get both, take out a loan

No loan, Ill just sell my car and buy a RPL-400, their blue 35, a yellow, argon and some super high power labbies to go along with it!!!!! Hey I wont be mobile anymore...but who would even want to leave their house and go to work with such an arsenal of lasers ;D

(to threadstarter sorry for the WAY off-topic :p)

brtaman

diachi

Hey with that much laser power you could probably use the light to transport you !

Please diachi dont tempt me :D, but I guess you are right, ill be the first man to fly around on a laser powered jet-pack, burning and blinding everything in my trail...lol

The train and bus on my commute is FULL of people going to high school and college and to work...I had my car in the shop a couple of months ago...and to say the least it was not a pleasant experience...seat? no way, we were packed liked sardines, couldn't even answer my cell phone :O, it was an important call too :-/

Ever since getting into lasers all ive been doing is going around my house and looking for things that I could sell, to support this hobby, really it makes crack seem like a tic-tac addiction.

Again sorry for the off-topic...laserkid :p

Thanks
brtaman

Go high-powered green for sure. Blue comes later. RPLs blow True 50s out of the water!

diachi

Well lets face it , it wouldn't be hard to blow a true 50 out the water, especially not with the insane power you can get from an RPL :cool:

So who wants to sell me theres for $250 ?

diachi

he means the Dilda-Laz0r so named because its shaped like well you get the picture ;)

ixfd64

I worked with a laser in my physics lab yesterday! However, it was a <5 mW red laser, which was rather unimpressive. ;D

Last edited:

diachi

;D Wish we had lasers/radioactive isotopes in our school :mad: That reminds me I really actually need to ask the technicians if they have any lasers in their lab/store, they might have one thats not for class use *crosses fingers @ argon*

diachi

yellow 3mW HeNe would be good enough for me , anything would be good aslong as its not red, unless of course its >200mW red and the technicians have a plentyful supply of matches !

actually I'm not sure if it's the school's unit... might be one of the teacher's... haven't seen it around lately... but I gotta steal it, mmm yellow :D