Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Links issue and finding members

Hi folks,

First, I found it very irritating over time when searching for a member , tying him/her username in the search yeals a lot of results in which you must dig out one post by searched member and then PM him or whatever it is I needed him/her for.

Is it possible to have it fixed in a manned of, when exact name of member is typed into search field, we are automatically directed to member's profile page?

Next, links posted- Don't know about you folks but I use standard plain old interface for LPF ... and links posted used to be a bit darker, grey tone , to distinguish them from pure white color of text written. Now they are exactly the same color as text - and not to mention that "www" links are automatically written in full name of the website , like so:
NOVAlasers Home <- I wrote with WWW but it changed automatically into Site's name,
-it's getting really hard to spot links into one's posts, and when writing such posts, poster should in some way tell readers that it is a link and it's clickable.

Could that be reverted to old greying out coloring of links?

I'd apprecitate your thoughs on subjects at hand!

Grix

I agree with the links problem.

To find a users profile you can enter another users profile and then just change his name in the URL with the one you are trying to find! :)

I agree with the links problem.

To find a users profile you can enter another users profile and then just change his name in the URL with the one you are trying to find! :)
Didn't know that, thanks.

Links issue still remains, though.

Bobhaha to the rescue!

On the ribbon bar (same place as new posts, user CP etc...), click on community, then click on members list... then when the page loads on the right hand side there is a members search bar... type the name of the user, and it will take you to a link to their profile!

-Adrian

Bobhaha to the rescue!

On the ribbon bar (same place as new posts, user CP etc...), click on community, then click on members list... then when the page loads on the right hand side there is a members search bar... type the name of the user, and it will take you to a link to their profile!

-Adrian
For that amount of trouble, it's easier to click your own name in upper right corner and replace your name with user's name in adress bar, URL.

Still it would be awsome if clicking your own name would be skipped by simply going to searched user's profile via "Search"...

Yeah I know, but I think it would only be useful if you only knew part of the users name... that way it would take you straight to the user profile and not to threads :D