Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

lil help with IR

Spyro

Yo guys, im now waiting for my lpc-815 to come so i found an use with the ir laser diode >:3
so my parts:
p1030510.jpg

all lenses from a dead greenie :0 , thats new? i think i can use that module!!!
p1030511u.jpg

there is where i can press in the diode
p1030511u.jpg

p1030515w.jpg

i tested if the expander lens was blocking IR but no
p1030514x.jpg

and the collimating lens, it looks much brighter than the expander lens let through IR but its unfoccused...in real life it looks da same :)
So my question is can i put there a lpc IR diode and how much it outputs and on what curren i should drive it?

Last edited:

Sure you can put the diode in there. You'll need to fix a different lens on there somehow. An aixiz module would work better for a LPC sled's IR diode.
That diode is good for maybe 150-250mW. I've gotten >300mW with some mode shift and COD after a few minutes. IIRC ~120mA or so is safe. I haven't played with one in a while. Not much use for them unless you have some IR imaging device.

Last edited:

Spyro

hm, but why those lenses are bad?BTW i want it for mysterious baloon pops and i would use it for smoking leather, litting matches and that kinda things.
EDIT: yes i have an aixiz module but... the lens is scratched...i tried to cut away the plastic around to get more output...and i scratched the lens, but it will work, i think its not that bad until its focused to a big dOt

Last edited:
You need to dril the hole a bit where the can stick out or it wil not fit, and don't forget the open can diode its pumping 250mw of red light