Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lighting up for the first time from England

XaseR

Hi all,

Didn’t post here to start with! Dropping a line to say Hi to everyone. I’ve been interested in lasers for a while now but have never had the time to sit down and look into it, at least not as a hobby anyway! Most of my time is taken up studying marine engineering. I have been away on an oil tanker two years ago and an lng carrier last year. Ive sailed around the world pretty much and although exciting to start with its gets difficult as you start to miss family more and more. This year I sit my oral examinations to get my engineering officer of the watch ticket , so God willing!

I have been reading around and there’s a lot of good information and people to talk to. I am working on building a 405 803 to start with then a spirograph!

kind regards –XsR

XaseR

Yeah idd. Last story I heard about lasers and planes was a couple in America facing 20years or 250,000$ fine. No thanks!

edit:

What kind of glasses do you have Aus? and how much did they set you back?
At the minute im looking at 'DIW - Blu Ray, Red, Yellow Protection' for 102$ from oem laser systems. I would rather have a single pair to cover from 405 to 650nm.