Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Li-Ion Batterys.

Hello.
I have recently purchased ‘O-likes’ 450mw 532nm laser. I used fast shipping so only the laser came quickly. I brought some li-Ion batteries separately so that I could use it once it arrived. I thought that they would last until my other things arrived but It has been one day, and I have only used it for a few minutes in total and one of the batteries is already going dim, (other one works fine). I was wondering if there was any way to manually charge one of these batteries. In my school there are power pack’s which give out a chosen voltage but I was thinking there is no way on earth that it would work. My friend has a universal 1.5 and 9V battery charger and I was wandering if those would work?
Thanks, Ninja

Do not try either of those. You need to get a charger specifically for 3.6/3.7V 18650 batteries. The laser you bought should have come with a charger??
If you need a charger quickly, I would suggest finding someone who sells one on eBay or Amazon who is in your country that can ship quickly. If you really don't NEED it yet then I would suggest the Ultrafire W-139 (i think that is the right model number, 139 is right) charger from DX. I've heard a couple people say it overcharges batteries but it's got pretty good reviews for the most part.

EDIT:

You beat me to it! No one else had responded when I first loaded this page. haha

Thanks guys, I ment the charger and goggles are still in the mail, came seperatly.

Will do a review
Im not compleatly sure its actuly 450mw, shows alright in a dark room.

No way to tell completely unless you check it with a lpm. Another member here might lpm it for you. If you live near another member who has a lpm, then send them a pm. If they don't live close by, you could always mail it to them: be careful who you send things to.
Personally, I would just order a cheap charger from a fast shipper on eBay so I wouldn't have to wait for the one from O-like to arrive.

Wait until you have fully charged batteries before you make judgements about the output power. The batteries generally ship half full or less.

You can charge them manually, but it is not recommended, especially if you don't know what you're doing.