Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LFI Player help!

i am having a very hard time getting use to LFI player.i have downloaded the manual and i am still confused on how to work the software. the questions i have is how do i run the "live control generator"? and how do i run the "abstract generator"?

dnar

Ah, the abstract generator is a PITA.

You cant just open it and create abstracts, rather you have to open an existing abstract file and modify from there.

I spoke with the developer, he has not touched it in a long time and was surprised people actually use it!

What version of the manual do you have? I have the latest if you need it.

Well I have the demo files and every time I go to open a .abs file the life console window pops up and gives me an error message then when I click okay on the error message, the live console window goes away. Idk if it has to do with the way I have my path set or what. I have version 1.5 I believe..

dnar

I am using 1.1.6. I thought that was the most recent version...

Ah, the abstract generator is a PITA.

You cant just open it and create abstracts, rather you have to open an existing abstract file and modify from there.

I spoke with the developer, he has not touched it in a long time and was surprised people actually use it!

What version of the manual do you have? I have the latest if you need it.

All LFI player functions require that some sort of file exist and be opened to use them. It is a bit of a pain, but I've never had very many issues with the abstract generator. It's the live control functions that always gave me fits, and it was always a path issue.. I've never been able to get the live control capability to be fully functional myself.

I am using 1.1.6. I thought that was the most recent version...

i am using 1.1.6 but i have the previous versions manuel.

All LFI player functions require that some sort of file exist and be opened to use them. It is a bit of a pain, but I've never had very many issues with the abstract generator. It's the live control functions that always gave me fits, and it was always a path issue.. I've never been able to get the live control capability to be fully functional myself.

okay i see. so what do i do to run an abtract file?

okay i see. so what do i do to run an abtract file?

In my experience all you need to do is load a .abs demo file using the ABS button at the top of the LFI window. I've circled it in this image:

3840-lfi-screenshot.gif

The file should load along with a control panel for adjusting the abs file. If the control panel doesn't show up automatically, you can press the "track focus" button on whatever of the four tracks the .abs file is loaded into. As you load files/objects into LFI player, it populates each of it's four tracks beginning with the first (leftmost) channel. You can play up to four channels simultaneously, so you can layer frames and effects on top of each other.

thanks a lot it worked! so as far as the live control, what does that even do? and how do i even load that?