Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lens cleaning

Hi guys been a while since I've visited the forums but I have a question. I'm sorry to ask it here but I did a search and can't seem to find a thread with the answer. I am wondering what is the best and safest way to clean my sanwu striker Saber lens? I am very careful with my lasers and take good care of them I have them in a pelican case with custum foam cut outs and I have the lens covered with a microfiber cloth held on with a rubber band but I've noticed over time the beam spot is starting to get more and more speckles on it.

Canned air, if it's been there awhile chances are you burned it onto the lens and will need a new one. You can also try isopropyl alcohol at least 95% but 99% is better with a microfiber cloth but that might make it worse.

Eidetical

Storage in antistatic materials may be better in the long run. A static charge attracts dust. Blowing or wiping it off without adding more electrons gets rid of lots of that dust, but more will jump onto the surface and faster because of the increased charge. What this hobby needs as much as cheap power meters is a cheap (or homebrew) antistatic attachment for "canned air" to ionize the flow.