Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LD connector Pins and what they are for

H

High_Octane

I saw a post that has a pic of a LD showing what each pin was for. For the life of me I can't find that post.
I'm wanting to know what each of the 3 pins does on a typical LD.

Also on my DX200mw, all 3 pins are used. If I'm not mistaken I can disconnect one of the pins to allow a higher output.
Is this correct?

Thanks

daem0n

Here is the link for the polarity thread, I just had it open:

laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1189135730

-Joe

Kenom

one of the pins on your DX is for the phototdiode. it regulates the power of the laser based on the input from the output. LOL. by removing the input you can theoretically increase the power. there are lots of threads here conserning that so give a quick search for APC.

H

High_Octane

Kenom said:
one of the pins on your DX is for the phototdiode. it regulates the power of the laser based on the input from the output. LOL. by removing the input you can theoretically increase the power. there are lots of threads here conserning that so give a quick search for APC.

Thanks, I see they now have it Sticked so its easier to find.

Kenom said:

AH, its called ACP, I forgot the damn name, therefore making my search fruitless. Thanks... Time to snip that puppy.

H

High_Octane

Oh by the way....

DealExtreme.com's 200mW Green Laser Pointer Pen Black is available now and is typically shipped within 3 days of ordering.
If your so inclined to purchase one.

chimo

Whatever you do, don't assume that all LDs have the same polarity as the Group Buy diodes! You should have the data sheet or you can test them IAW Sam's Laser FAQ.