Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerpoint.com <-- seem fishy to me..

Hey everyone.

I placed an order from Lazerpoint.com yesterday morning. I ordered one of their 500mW green lasers.

I got an invoice and everything else. I got everything that you would see/get from a legit website/company.

However, this morning, I woke up and got out of bed and checked my email, like I do every morning and I noticed I had an email from Lazerpoint.com

At the end of the email, it read as follows:

-EMAIL-

In order to proceed with the order, please also ensure that you provide the following:

6. Scanned copy of the front and back of your credit card

Important:In terms of the credit card security,please be sure to cover other card No.and just leave the last 4 No. when providing the scanned copy of your credit card, otherwise, all the consequences may be caused will be your responsibility. thanks for your attention.

Your order will be processed only upon receipt of your reply confirmation and item 6.

Please confirm by return email within 7 days. If no reply received on or before the ETA date, we’re afraid we have no choice but to cancel and refund your order in order to avoid any loss causes to you.

-END-

Now, I've NEVER had any company/website request that I do this. But, when I sit and think about it.. yesterday when I was filling out my credit card information to place my order, I had to enter my credit card number 3 different times because I wasn't using the correct format. First time I entered it, I used dashes between the number sets. The second time I entered the numbers.. I used spaces between the number sets. Well, finally.. the third time I had to enter them, I tried it without any spaces betweent the number sets and that finally worked.

So, imo, its possible that they seen this and maybe they're thinking that someone was trying to use my credit card and trying to impersonate me you know? So, I'm thinking that this is possibly why they sent me that crazy and sketchy email.

Anyhow, long story short here.. I called my credit card company and they suggested that I don't send them a "scanned copy" of the last 4 digits of my credit card.. and when I asked them if Lazerpoint.com had already accepted payment, they checked and came back on the phone and said that Lazerpoint.com had indeed already accepted payment.

So, I'm not sure whats going on here. :undecided:

Also, some important info of this story is that as soon as I read that email from Lazerpoint.com this morning, I immediately replied to that email and told Lazerpoint.com that they can either confirm and accept my payment and ship me my laser, or, I will go ahead and call my credit card company and cancel/stop payment to Lazerpoint.com for the laser.

Ugghhh.. my mind is going a thousand miles-per-hour! I can't stand people that scam other people! It's not right and imo, these types of people need their butt kicked, to put it politely. :yabbem:

Anyhow, has anyone else around here ordered anything from Lazerpoint.com? If so, did you get your product that you ordered?

Does anyone around here know anything about Lazerpoint.com? Are they legit or whats the deal with them? :mad:

Thanks in advance.

Coby

Seems to me they're nothing with just the last 4 digits of your CC. Maybe they just wish to see that the name on the CC is the same as your name? To prevent them from being scammed by you using a stolen CC.

I've never ordered anything at Lazerpoint though so I can't know if they are legit or not.

If they wanted to do something sketchy why would they want a picture of the card of which they already had info to. They already have credit card info of which they could use....

Doesn't seem like they are trying to scam you, only to confirm actual physical possession of the card.

On the other hand, the laser you ordered is not going to be 500mW...

So email them back, and ask them to cancel the order, and refund you.

The credit card thing seems fine to me but the site itself looks like it would massively underspec its lasers. That's just the feeling I get but it is possible I could be wrong.

IMO, you should get a refund like Infinitus suggested and then go grab a laser from here:
laserbtb (AKA Skylasers)

I have one of their 532nm 300mW HL class lasers and it is incredible. I got it with a resent groupbuy and everyone who was able to LPM their lasers confirmed them to be overspec and some were massively overspec.

Last edited:
they had asked me the same they tend to do that with class IV lasers after that they shipped it out and now i have this Monster 445 1 Watt Thanks to them but the card thing idk really i think they asked me cause it was a H&R block Tax refund card (Emerald Card)
no legit info besides it saying H&R Block Client so do as they ask and the next few days it will be out and on its way i have Many Purchases from them I put my full trust to them

understanding truth

I bought once from them and never will buy again! I payed for a 200mw greenie with included beamexpander. That thing was worst quality build, dot was totally off-center, power wasnt even close to 200mw, more like 10-20. I wrote them about those issues and asked if i can send it back. They first made me do a video and photos of the problems and how i use it (as if i dont know how to insert a battery and push a button). Then the answer was, i can send it back at my own costs, but only with a tracking number, and if it arrives and the problems are confirmed, i´d get a coupon. -> WTF???
I told em i´ll give em bad rep for that lousy customer service and the worst product ever.
Well... i think now it´s time to do so and i hope you do not make the same mistake and buy from them.

Cheers

My friend ordered a 200mW green from Lazerpoint and it arrived no problem.

It arrived but did you compare it to a known output laser or test it on an LPM to verify its output?

I am thinking they would be one of the sites that would love to just write whatever output they feel like at the time and not care if the laser doesn't even come close. Also, it sounds like if you got a flop of a laser you are totally screwed.

It arrived but did you compare it to a known output laser or test it on an LPM to verify its output?

I am thinking they would be one of the sites that would love to just write whatever output they feel like at the time and not care if the laser doesn't even come close. Also, it sounds like if you got a flop of a laser you are totally screwed.

I agree with you hence just said it arrived! I am a firm believer in getting what you pay for hence buying from OdicForce instead. :)

Never heard of them. I will have to look into it.

A quick browse over their site and I instantly notice how professional it looks and I like what I see for their product selection. It's definitely worth further investigation :D

i actually bought a 100mW laser from them 7months ago and stills working like new .
i tested the laser with a LPM and it top out a 155mW with the lowest at around 120mW so it wasnt bad at all. the laser arrived in 11 days ..(pretty fast for comming all the way from china) . i would say that is not the best online web sites to buy from but its pretty legit to me ....^_^

That sounds like a nicely overspec laser man. I cannot say for sure they are the same but in general it seems like the lower the spec that the lasers are, the closest to spec they tend to be.

i have just done a new LMP test to the laser with a new battery and boy let me tell ya !!! that i bought a super overpowered laser !! It top out at 200mW ! and at a constant mW of
190mW !! thats just way to much !! ...BUT I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!! THE BAD IS THAT IT DRAINS UP THE BATTERY REALLY FAST !!!