Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LAZERER working coupon code?

Hey anyone here know the working coupon code of lazerer.com? I see a coupon code field on their checkout page so I am asking for that before actually making the purchase. Hopefully it will save me a few bucks :D

Hibro

You may like their facebook page for the 5% discount code. The code is 053085 if you don't want to press the like button :eg:

Last edited:
here is an idea, save your money and buy from a better laser company instead lazerer isnt any good anyways what u can find on their site u can find on ebay/aliexpress more or less..

kaunak

here is an idea, save your money and buy from a better laser company instead lazerer isnt any good anyways what u can find on their site u can find on ebay/aliexpress more or less..

Where can you find the types of lasers that lazerer sells on ebay or aliexpress for the same price? Lazerer does not sell 301 type lasers and the 100mW 532 I bought from them a few years ago had a near continuous duty cycle with no power drop. I think the lasers that Lazerer sells are a good bargain, but not the best quality I would agree. They're certainly better than XPL or the 301 lasers on ebay and also offer a power graph including the IR output on their 532 lasers.

diachi

Where can you find the types of lasers that lazerer sells on ebay or aliexpress for the same price? Lazerer does not sell 301 type lasers and the 100mW 532 I bought from them a few years ago had a near continuous duty cycle with no power drop. I think the lasers that Lazerer sells are a good bargain, but not the best quality I would agree. They're certainly better than XPL or the 301 lasers on ebay and also offer a power graph including the IR output on their 532 lasers.

They do sell the 301 lasers, and they over-price them too (at least for the 532s). You can find the same lasers for somewhat less elsewhere. The >1W 445s are fairly reasonably priced mind you, a little more expensive than elsewhere (by $40 or so).

LZCS - Classic 532nm 30mW Focusable Green Laser Pointer

You can get a 301 for ~$5, $10 by the time you add batteries and a charger. Both of mine have been >30mW. The one I kept (one was for my old man) is doing a little over 90mW.

Check out LaserBTB - they are very reasonably priced for what they sell, i.e. not cheap junk. I believe part of the issue with Lazerer is the customer support as well as the pricing - that said, it's probably better than a lot of eBay sellers, so may be worth it if you don't mind paying an extra $20-40.

Last edited:

kaunak

They do sell the 301 lasers, and they over-price them too (at least for the 532s). You can find the same lasers for somewhat less elsewhere. The >1W 445s are fairly reasonably priced mind you, a little more expensive than elsewhere (by $40 or so).

LZCS - Classic 532nm 30mW Focusable Green Laser Pointer

You can get a 301 for ~$5, $10 by the time you add batteries and a charger. Both of mine have been >30mW. The one I kept (one was for my old man) is doing a little over 90mW.

Check out LaserBTB - they are very reasonably priced for what they sell, i.e. not cheap junk. I believe part of the issue with Lazerer is the customer support as well as the pricing - that said, it's probably better than a lot of eBay sellers, so may be worth it if you don't mind paying an extra $20-40.

This is the 100mW green laser I bought from them a while ago: LZMN - Mini 532nm 100mW Focusable Green Laser Pointer

They also sell a 50-80mW 520nm for $60, not too bad a deal.

You're right that it is not a laserBTB laser, but it is a true 100mW green laser with no power drop over 10 minutes continuous, unlike my now damaged XPL-311 I bought for $56 that had a power drop when warmed up and was underspec with a lot of IR output.

ALL of the green 301 lasers I have bought have held their output for about one minute, and after that they drop down to around 15-20mW. It's extremely annoying, especially when people don't realize that it's not normal for even half-quality 532 lasers to have a drop in power. I'm bringing this up because I believe Lazerer has fair deals with ok quality lasers, not 301s, at least in my(past) experience anyway.

That said, I don't know what kind of lasers lazerer is selling today, so I still have a hard time recommending them. The website looks good and the lasers they sell are pretty much the same ones they had back when they were a highly recommending company a few years ago, and they offer a power graph for $5. If the OP does decide to buy from Lazerer, I'd like to hear their feedback.

I guess I would just recommend laserBTB to the OP, but the price for a 100mW 532 is about $100, but you do get a true quality laser and don't have to worry about 301 laser junk.

diachi

This is the 100mW green laser I bought from them a while ago: LZMN - Mini 532nm 100mW Focusable Green Laser Pointer

They also sell a 50-80mW 520nm for $60, not too bad a deal.

You're right that it is not a laserBTB laser, but it is a true 100mW green laser with no power drop over 10 minutes continuous, unlike my now damaged XPL-311 I bought for $56 that had a power drop when warmed up and was underspec with a lot of IR output.

ALL of the green 301 lasers I have bought have held their output for about one minute, and after that they drop down to around 15-20mW. It's extremely annoying, especially when people don't realize that it's not normal for even half-quality 532 lasers to have a drop in power. I'm bringing this up because I believe Lazerer has fair deals with ok quality lasers, not 301s, at least in my(past) experience anyway.

That said, I don't know what kind of lasers lazerer is selling today, so I still have a hard time recommending them. The website looks good and the lasers they sell are pretty much the same ones they had back when they were a highly recommending company a few years ago, and they offer a power graph for $5. If the OP does decide to buy from Lazerer, I'd like to hear their feedback.

I guess I would just recommend laserBTB to the OP, but the price for a 100mW 532 is about $100, but you do get a true quality laser and don't have to worry about 301 laser junk.

Meant to mention in my first reply that the 520s actually seem like a reasonable deal, assuming they are up to spec.

Lazerer sell 301s too - although they have other options. The 301 type lasers are overpriced IMO.

Have you had the power output of your 100mW verified independently? Also, 5$ fom a power graph? Sure... I'd include it for free, but OK.

Yeah, those XPL lasers are best avoided IMO - I did say that from the start, that we should wait and see how the reviews stack up before recommending them so that we could avoid people getting bad lasers like you did... but oh well.

Will try and test my 301 tonight to see how the duty cycle is (WITH power graphs) - I've never had a need to run it more than 1 minute continuously...

Last edited:

kaunak

Meant to mention in my first reply that the 520s actually seem like a reasonable deal, assuming they are up to spec.

Lazerer sell 301s too - although they have other options. The 301 type lasers are overpriced IMO.

Have you had the power output of your 100mW verified independently? Also, 5$ fom a power graph? Sure... I'd include it for free, but OK.

Yeah, those XPL lasers are best avoided IMO - I did say that from the start, that we should wait and see how the reviews stack up before recommending them so that we could avoid people getting bad lasers like you did... but oh well.

Will try and test my 301 tonight to see how the duty cycle is (WITH power graphs) - I've never had a need to run it more than 1 minute continuously...

All I can say is that the 532 I bought from Lazerer a good while ago was a legit 100mw laser with excellent output stability. To be fair, it's output was 90mW green and 7mW IR, so it was a bit under 100mW 532, although still within spec. I don't know what kind of lasers they're selling today quality-wise, so I'm hesitant to recommend them too much.

The 301 lasers are okay if you just want a cheap laser to burn some plastic or light a match, but their duty cycles are horrible. With most lasers that have a shorter duty cycle like a Nubm44 pushing 4A, the output will not drop significantly over the duty cycle duration, unlike the 301s. I would say that the duty cycle for a typical 301 is something like 30 seconds on, 2 minutes off. If you try to push that duty cycle, then the laser output will drop severely and will take quite a while before it comes back up. And that's for an 80mw 303 like my Sanwu 303.

I don't know if those "301s" that lazerer has for sale have that typical 301 power-drop problem, but if they did then I couldn't recommend them.

Some people only like to run their lasers for a few seconds and that's it, but I like to leave mine on for a little longer than that when I use them, especially lower power lasers where short duty cycles and power drop shouldn't be an issue. If I can get around to it, I may make a power graph for my sanwu 303 and a different ebay 301. I would make a power graph of my XPL311 but it only outputs about 30mW max now, lol.

Geeker

what u can find on their site u can find on ebay/aliexpress more or less..

My first laser was the “1000mW” 301 laser from aliexpress. Yes it is bright and will light match at first but the power drop few weeks later. So I decided to buy another one and my second laser is lazerer’s 50mw . The host of both lasers looks almost identical but lazerer’s one definitely had better anodization and smoother thread. In term of the power my LZCS had much brighter beam and stability. Power sheet say that it has a 71mW overall output. It working like new until today.

In my option if you want a laser that can actually be added to your collection. You may want to spend a few extra bucks on Lazerer.

Hey anyone here know the working coupon code of lazerer.com? I see a coupon code field on their checkout page so I am asking for that before actually making the purchase. Hopefully it will save me a few bucks :D

I emailed Max a while ago asking for a discount for my 1.2W blue laser and he sent me the code LPF10OFF. He say that this is a 10% off discount code for LPF member. I don’t know whether the code still valid but you may give it a try. :beer:

I believe part of the issue with Lazerer is the customer support as well as the pricing - that said, it's probably better than a lot of eBay sellers, so may be worth it if you don't mind paying an extra $20-40.

They had very decent customer support please check out my recent review for their blue laser.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/thumb-up-lazerer-customer-service-96772.html

IMO with the 10% discount code (if it still works) lazerer has very reasonable price to service and qaulity.

Last edited:

good for you but it doesnt change fact that their reputation isnt the best really, there are far better companies to buy from. And why i wouldnt buy from them is mostly the hosts have no safety features.

Last edited: