Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerer Rifle650 Review

Just received my Lazerer rifle650 and thought I would do a little review.

(Friendly Reminder ^)

What Is It?

RIFLE650nm - 200mW Focusable Burning Red Laser

Lazerers Mini Arctic Host With a 200mW 650 nm laser.

Shipping
I ordered the laser on 8/28/11, after a couple days wait for lpm testing the laser was shipped on 8/31/11. I received the laser a short 8 days later on 9/8/11. Laser was in a small cardboard box with foam insert. The box was in a bubble wrap envelope.

Details
I don't have an lpm of my own so I cant say if this is 100% true, but according to Lazerers lpm test this baby runs at 290mw stable 292 peak, so almost 100mW over-spec.:drool:

This host is HEAVY, like you could beat someone to death with it heavy. Some of the edges and corners have very slight burrs nothing you can easily see but they are there.

Lazerer did not specify any duty cycle but I can say I've had it on for about 3 minutes at the most and the host was not even warm. I would say just to play it safe 2 minutes on 30 secs off and this thing should run forever lol.

One thing that is strange about this laser, it is case negative like most other lasers, but for some reason the spring is not on the tail cap, the spring is at the top, touching the positive end.
This confused me at first and there is nothing with the laser to tell which way the battery should go so I luckily guessed right that its case negative even though the springs on the wrong end. Hopefully no one blows their laser cause of this.

Focused to infinity when focus aperture is fully screwed in.

A few more pictures. Ill try to get some beam-shots later but i don't have anything great in the way of cameras so no promises.

Let me know if there's anything else you would like to know.
And just to be clear i paid full price for this laser no discount or freebie for reviewing, if you really don't believe me PM me and i will send you all the payment info and invoices etc.

Last edited:

Maybe post a video of it working?

Also, When you say it's case negative, that means your putting the battery in positive end first right?

Maybe post a video of it working?

Also, When you say it's case negative, that means your putting the battery in positive end first right?

Correct, positive end towards laser driver, negative end towards tail-cap. Its just weird that the spring contact is the positive side, usually its the negative side.
Ill see what i can do for a video. Might just be a cell vid though.

Nice review, glad that you got an over spec laser, mine came a couple days ago too and it was over spec around the same amount. Except it was 445 and not 650.