Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerer rifle modding

GBD

I recently bought one of these lasers, mostly wanting it for the host.

I gotta say I was a bit dissapointed about the internals of the host, I realize that a 200mw 650 isn't going to be dissapating that much heat (about half a watt as heat?).. but the heatsink resembled more a set screw then a sink, and the module wasn't even properly pressed in, more glue really.

However, I bought this thing for the host, so I didn't really care that much, I just placed the 660 module into another build. Im going to throw an M-140 into there instead and see where it takes me. (not planning for this to be a high power build, Im more then likely going to run the diode at ~500mw)

Right now my heatsink is a "blank" so to speak, as I need to figure out how I will make my diode module (the lens screws into the host itself, and not threaded into the diode module like how the aixiz modules are built).

So once my lens arives and I figure out a ballpark distance to that my diode needs to be away from the lens, then I will finish the heatsink.

(I have some room to play with the focus, but I would like it to sit as close as possible to the base of it, the end goal is a fixed laser to infinity)

But at the end, when the module will be pressed into the sink, it will sit something like this:

Another thing I desided to do was sandblast the main body of the host. two reasons for that.

1. The finish was a bit flawed with some chips in the anodization
2. I absolutely hate writting and logos on hosts (any host!)

More to come later, waiting on some parts and still deciding how I want the module to turn out.
Also deciding weather or not to leave the middle with a sandblasted finish, polish it, or re-anodize it... feel free to throw some suggestions.

Last edited:

Cant wait to see the end result, I agree with you I hate the logos on hosts, idk why but it annoys me. I think the host looks cooler now then before.

WOW
NICE sandblast job!
are you planning to blast the front and the tailcap also?
and yob has modded one of these before to a 1W 445
see if he can give you some pointers or something
keep up the good work! :beer:

GBD

No, I'll leave the tailcap/head as is.

Ive made up my mind, Ill put a 500mw M-140 in there, I just need to get around to machining the diode module later. (The setup is simple, the lens nut screws into the host, and the heatsink holds the threadless module in a fixed position under the top of the laser, giving room to adjust the lens before permanently glueing it in place.

Something like that: (I know, crude MS paint picture, don't give me any shit for it :D )

part-1.jpg

Last edited:
No, I'll leave the tailcap/head as is.

Ive made up my mind, Ill put a 500mw M-140 in there, I just need to get around to machining the diode module later. (The setup is simple, the lens nut screws into the host, and the heatsink holds the threadless module in a fixed position under the top of the laser, giving room to adjust the lens before permanently glueing it in place.

Something like that: (I know, crude MS paint picture, don't give me any shit for it :D )

part-1.jpg

Nice build :san: but why a low powered build? if it was me i would make a monster out of this :p

greetings,,

jimdt7

Awesome sand-blasting job man ! +1
It looks very cool now but i think you sould make it 1.5W :p

Jim

GBD

We all use the same diodes, so weather it is run at 500mw or 1.5w is fully adjustable later on... I guess I'll think about what.

On one hand, yes, I want as much power as I can get like most of you, on the other hand I also value some decent run-time.

I love the look of the sand blasted host. I also hate logos on my hosts. I have a lazerer rifle on the way. I might just have to sandblast it now.

Last edited:

GBD

When did you order yours?

Seems all the new rifles (past december) are the "V2" version.. while the finishing on the host is nicer, it comes with that unforchanate logo.

If I can wield the patience later on, I might polish that sandblasted bit.

Last edited:
When did you order yours?

Seems all the new rifles (past december) are the "V2" version.. while the finishing on the host is nicer, it comes with that unforchanate logo.

If I can wield the patience later on, I might polish that sandblasted bit.

I ordered it within the last week or 2 so it's going to be the V2. Im curious, once the host is sand blasted is the color a matte silver color or more of a shiny silver color it's kind of hard to tell from the pics.

I wonder if they use the same heat sink for all of the rifle series lasers because that is way to small for a 1.2W 445.

I ordered it within the last week or 2 so it's going to be the V2. Im curious, once the host is sand blasted is the color a matte silver color or more of a shiny silver color it's kind of hard to tell from the pics.

I wonder if they use the same heat sink for all of the rifle series lasers because that is way to small for a 1.2W 445.

Nope in the 1.2W there is a bigger brass or copper heatsink i believe :san:

greetings,,