Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

last min advice?

Cxrazy

I got a 35mw WL off of this forum in the Buy/sell section just for my first laser. I wanted to use it just for pointing, beam at night, stuff like that.

Its PERFECT if you want a bright dot; and visible beam at night, with a semi visible beam in semi dark lighting; or for pointing out stars. Its also not super powerful that you have to be totally afraid of the thing.

I wanted more power because I wanted to be able to see the beam 90% of the time, I wanted to pop/burn things, etc.

I would actually like to append my previous advice. I suggest you spend the little bit extra and get a ~65mw greenie. Its a great level of brightness to cost ratio, and you can still do a few of the aforementioned things. For things like etching, lighting matches, or anything requireing higher power; I suggest a high power red. They're much cheaper and can do the same things a high power green can.

I hope that helped... If you need me to specify anything, just say so.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

JasonV

yes, thank you that was very helpful. I guess after all this research, the X-65 will be my first real laser. :)

ill post again hopefully once i get it.