Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasershooting safe for eyes?

Willysolman

Hey people, I just went laser-shooting, it was in a almost dark room, you could see the laserbeam, some came right into my eye multiple times, this is with p90 laser-guns. How do i know if this is safe?

61Nig6AcooL._AC_UL115_.jpg

>>>Warning<<<

"If you think you need medical help or attention for an eye injury or any other medical problem, you probably do."
"If you have been hit in the eye with a laser and feel you have suffered any type of eye injury as the result of an accident with a laser that may need medical opinion or treatment,
go to a hospital Emergency Room and/or consult a qualified Board Certified MD Ophthalmologist ASAP.
LPF is a laser hobbyist website, not physicians, and cannot give any medical or legal advice.
No professional medical or legal advice is available or possible on LPF"

For additional information see laserpointersafety.com here:
Laser Pointer Safety - What to do if you are hit by a laser pointer or laser pen

Anthony P

I am no expert. The CE approval on the PS90 indicates that it has met global safety standards, similar to FDA.

Willysolman

So, should i be worried or not, i could see the laserbeam, this is the place: http:// dekaaibowling .be/. I mailed them and they said:hello, the power of the laser is not strong enough like a real laser, this laser only serves to make contact with the computer and is not visible with white light.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
You are probably fine, especially if you are not experiencing any symptoms.
As has been mentioned by Redcowboy and Encap, LPF members are not trained medical experts, if you think your eyes have been damaged in any way, please go visit an ophthalmologist ASAP.