Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers with effects lens?

I have recently been introduced to the world of high powered lasers and am enthralled. I would like to buy a green laser in the power range of 100-200mW. I would really like if it came with interchangeable heads that produce various effects (dot, line, galaxy) etc. to entertain people.

The problem I'm having is that everywhere I find these lasers for sale are on cheap websites that other threads on this forum confirm will be underspec and low quality. I had hope for WickedLasers until I read about them here too.

So my question for the laser expert community, where can I find what I have just described? Is it even possible or will I need to buy just the laser and find the attachments separately, and if this is the case do you know any sites that offer it? Furthermore, how will I know if the attachments are compatible with the laser? Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me as hours of searching have turned up nothing.

If you wanted a 445nm laser, I'd say go with the rifle from lazerer, it can include 4 effects caps. I can't think of a quality green off the top of my head that has effects caps. I'm sure someone will post about one

wait, I just remembered that lazerer now has a green 200mW rifle, but I can't vouch for it's quality. I've read some about problems with lazerer lately. my blue rifle is cool, but I may have been lucky

Last edited:
why would a laser that powerful be used to entertain? thats how people get hurt. i know of some 5 mw with effects. thats plenty of power to entertain

why would a laser that powerful be used to entertain? thats how people get hurt. i know of some 5 mw with effects. thats plenty of power to entertain
That's exactly what i was thinking of too much power for fancy laser effects lens caps i would be to scared of it a 1 plus watt 445 i turn on mine like they are guns that go off and bounce a bullet of a wall and blind me, pretty useless having a light show if everyone has to wear glasses what's the point, that said two of mine have fancy lens caps about 5 each and I've never even tried one i use mine for usual burning, long distance stuff never a light show, the cheap 5mw alias ..50mW laser show eBay pens are your best bet imho im cool on 100mW and down for laser shows over that don't feel comfortable doing it.and even 100mW is more than enough

Last edited:
Actually eBay might have the best deals here... a "5mW" green is often 30mW-50mW of green+IR, and you can get those caps included with your laser pen off of eBay for <$20

Actually eBay might have the best deals here... a "5mW" green is often 30mW-50mW of green+IR, and you can get those caps included with your laser pen off of eBay for <$20
Didn't i say that at the end of my last post lol no worries yeah eBay has plenty that say 5 mW but are around 30 to 50 mW with effects caps