Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers vs pirates

Benm

Couldnt the pirates just shield their eyes with protective goggles if this becomes the weapon of choise against them?

Sounds like an expensive system that is easily countered. Am I wrong?

Surely they could, which makes it a very lame idea. Those pirates get their hands on ships, weapons and fuel, so i doubt a few tenners for protective eyewear would be much of a problem.

Shotguns with rock salt are sub-lethal and would deter them close up. And the salt would not pollute the ocean. :D

HIMNL9

^ LOL, the "lupara" solution :D

It can work ..... just substitute the shotgun (effective for short range, but not for long range) with some "spingarda" style cannon, for the long range :eg:

Uhm, wondering about some high pressure compressed air "rocksalt machineguns" ..... :wtf:

They have no qualms about ending your life, so nor should you about ending theirs. Just shoot them, because if they get their hands on you, you're dead or in for a world of hell. I'm not one to advocate violence, but sometimes, it IS the answer. Just my $0.02.

I think a round of vomit gas chloropicrin would pre-occupy the occupants of an attacking boat for awhile. Apparently it penetrates gas masks and the mask is removed before vomiting begins. Nothing but the best for our Pirates. :D

HIMNL9

Well, i was talking about "dissuasive" solutions, but be sure, if my life is in danger, i will be more than glad to switch from salt to "00" balls and napalm, and anything other i find at hand, for save it :p