Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers shone at landing aircraft at Exeter and Newquay

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Like most of your customer base?

Lase

You hit the nail right on the head.

Blade

well, aside from the bill that was in the midst of being processed. i think that having to register\have a permit for any laser >5mw might get these inconsiderate idiots out of the way, as well as make scientists and enthusiasts more aware so there arent any accidents. this would keep lasers >5mw legal and safe (or at least somewhat help them to be)... BTW i think their is a thread about this somewhere in the "safety\legal" section of the forum, but idk where...

well, aside from the bill that was in the midst of being processed. i think that having to register\have a permit for any laser >5mw might get these inconsiderate idiots out of the way, as well as make scientists and enthusiasts more aware so there arent any accidents. this would keep lasers >5mw legal and safe (or at least somewhat help them to be)... BTW i think their is a thread about this somewhere in the "safety\legal" section of the forum, but idk where...

I am very much against legislation limiting laser ownership because just like many gun control laws it just keeps lasers out of the hands of people who follow the rule of law where as the people who don't care and do intend to misuse lasers will find a way around it. The only thing that I would be open to would be simply registering your laser so that if there is an incident they can look at who owns lasers in the area. Unfortunately with current FDA regulations I wouldn't be able to register lasers like my 445nm 1.2W survival laser I because it doesn't have FDA compliant safety features. Typical bureaucracy, by requiring certain safety features they cause people to order covertly from china. If they just made it so all I had to do was register a laser to get it I would gladly do it.

Blade

by the way in case anyone thinks im in favor of that bill. i am NOT in favor of it. i very much disagree with it as there are many flaws in it. :beer:

djayz

This week was a 37 Year old guy at court. He attacked two Army Helicopters. Now the court gave him a penalty. He must pay 7725.- Swiss Francs. With this money i could buy a few nice Lasers.
Agree on that one, they fine the crap out of a culprit.. XD my bro-in-law overspeeded n got a nice 3000chf ticket.. he said he was on a hayabusa.. he could have bought a nice car in that money XD