Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers shipped to the UK?

Hi all! I am new to Laser Forums so you'll have to bear with me a bit. I recently bought two lasers from o-like.com based off some reviews and what not i've read here. (200mw Cute green laser, and the 400mw 405nm blu-ray laser) and I was just wondering if I should be worried about the laser's being delivered to me here in the UK. I am military and am stationed over here. Before I had found this forum i had ordered a laser pointer from Wicked Lasers (thankfully it wasnt the 1W one) and it has been 8 months since i last heard from them with no laser. :( so basically I'm writing that one off as bad life decision. However i have read several good things about 0-like so I am hopeful once more. :)
Thanks for reading my post!

Ways

I have sourced several lasers from o-like and other sites in China and elsewhere abroad and have yet to have any problem with UK customs. The majority where shipped without cells and marked "Flashlight" "Electronic components" or with similarly creative descriptions but i have long since stopped having even the slightest concern that customs will seize my lasers. Could be that i am just lucky and all my parcels so far have slipped through and the 2 lasers currently inbound from foreign shores will fall into the clutches of our draconian customs officers ;) but i think it is unlikely and i am more likely to get a letter from Parcelforce inviting me to their local depot to pay import duty and handling fee :mad:

I've shipped dozens of parcels to the UK including some laser equipment and never once had one opened. I think customs is mostly looking for drugs, weapons and other clearly illegal contraband.

Great thank you both for your reply. I am happy to report my first of two lasers ordered from o-like arrived yesterday. I recieved my 400mw 405nm blu-ray laser and i am still awating my 200mw cute green laser. so far the 405nm has been amazing. hopefully a review is in the making.

Last edited:

Asherz

You should really write to Wickedlasers if you purchased a laser and they didn't deliver. Now the 445nm craze has died down slightly you should get a reply, there's not excuse for purchasing a product and them not delivering or refunding you your money.