Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers = Illegal soon :(

awirq

mikeeey said:
Well it never did say that they WILL become illigal, it just said someone will make a proposal to make them illigal. plus, this is taking place in australia, not the US or Europe.

If they do become illigal, it may just be illigal depending on how you use it, i dont see it something to worry about right now.
omg !!!! that makes me fell alot better ;) looooool ;D
thanks mikeeey

Razako

I would laugh so hard if the US government tried to restrict lasers. It seems like every other month now we have some teen with an assault rifle or shotgun shooting up the local campus/mall/church and people are supposed to be worried about lasers?

The common argument from the <90 IQ crowd against lasers is that they are completely unnecessary and they are just dangerous toys and because of that banning them is worth it even if it only prevents 1 incident a year. However the same can be said about assault rifles and handguns. Why are those necessary in society?

Not necessarily so warezwally. The story said the IMPORTATION of CERTAIN laser products would be prohibited. This does not mean EXISTING lasers are automatically declared illegal - which would be practically impossible anyway.

Razako said:
I would laugh so hard if the US government tried to restrict lasers. It seems like every other month now we have some teen with an assault rifle or shotgun shooting up the local campus/mall/church and people are supposed to be worried about lasers?

The common argument from the <90 IQ crowd against lasers is that they are completely unnecessary and they are just dangerous toys and because of that banning them is worth it even if it only prevents 1 incident a year. However the same can be said about assault rifles and handguns. Why are those necessary in society?

LOL, if they ever bring it up just shine a laser on the ground in front of them and watch them try to catch it.

Razako said:

I can see it now on NBC,FOX,ABC
"Local School student made sick and a partially blinded teacher when some enraged student went on a lasing rage."
more at 6:00 back to you Phil

of course FOX would spoof it on Family Guy or the like

Pinged

Razako said:
I would laugh so hard if the US government tried to restrict lasers.  It seems like every other month now we have some teen with an assault rifle or shotgun shooting up the local campus/mall/church and people are supposed to be worried about lasers?

The common argument from the <90 IQ crowd against lasers is that they are completely unnecessary and they are just dangerous toys and because of that banning them is worth it even if it only prevents 1 incident a year.  However the same can be said about assault rifles and handguns.  Why are those necessary in society?

Well the next time some thug tries to rob your house, you will see how necessary a gun is.

But I can see the scenario now, a crazed electrical engineering student builds CO2 laser weapon. Goes on lasing rampage but then jerks the laser too hard pulling loose the hose on the water cooling system and electrocutes himself.

Like that would ever happen, could but wouldnt (I am working on the CO2 plans at this instant) ;).