Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers as an element od security system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molky

Good afternoon, guys! I am going to install a reliable and modern home security system. I am currently considering the Ajax brand. Their products look good and functional. I like the idea of motion sensors. Could you please explain to me how they work> As I. understand, they also use some lasers that detest any movement and notify the user about that. I've read that several cameras also work the same way. Am I right? Also, do you use any security systems at home? Which ones?

Giannis_TDM

Good afternoon, guys! I am going to install a reliable and modern home security system. I am currently considering the Ajax brand. Their products look good and functional. I like the idea of motion sensors. Could you please explain to me how they work> As I. understand, they also use some lasers that detest any movement and notify the user about that. I've read that several cameras also work the same way. Am I right? Also, do you use any security systems at home? Which ones?
The systems that use laser diodes use low power IR ones with a photodiode, The photodiode detects any light reflecting from the object coming back into the diode. When it reaches a threshold (like a hand braking the beam or a human passing by) the sensor triggers.

Molky

Оh, I am a little bit late, hahah. Thanks a lot for your explanation!

whiterod14

Heh, my dog is my security system. No lasers, but it is necessary to feed it, lol. It is hard to imagine how the thief will look if the alarm system would turn on:D

shadowmoon

Good afternoon, friend. I think that such systems can only work in spy movies. But your would-be robbers aren't Bond villains. Therefore, if you want to get the maximum protection from the security system, then you need to find a system that is wireless, convenient and, most importantly, reliable. You should take a look at ajax and other wireless options for your home. I think that they are quite inexpensive and you can afford it easily. It will also be useful to install a mobile app for monitoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.