Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers as a Weapon?

I'm sure a lot would depend on where you live, but I think you would have trouble getting away with blinding an intruder, as opposed to killing them.
For example.. If you hit them over the head with something heavy to subdue them, but accidently kill/blind them, that sort of accident can happen. But if you use a laser, you know this will blind them and that would have been your intention upon using it as a weapon.
You did not accidently blind them in the attempt to subdue, it was purposeful, and that would probably lose you the court case.

This is just a stab in the dark on my part, I'm no lawyer.

The photonic disruptor was a unique idea because you could say your intention was to stun, not blind.

On a side note.. Check this out!
http://gizmodo.com/5959188/flashlight-bazooka-blasts-your-target-with-blinding-light - 68,000 lumen!!!

Last edited:

Asking for rep in a thread is generally frowned upon
Asking for rep in your sig is.................... a new low.

As is calling someone out in the thread when a simple PM will do... However, I agree it is a bit much and I have remedied the situation. :eek:

Do you have any other questions, concerns, or sarcastic remarks that I can address for you today? If not, let's move on...

Yes, I am being a bit acrimonious... but you know what, I just feel the need to fit in with sopark4000...

How does it feel? :D

Yes I am playing, but seriously... Next time just send a PM when you feel the need to set a new member (like me) straight... It helps keep the forum more... pleasant.

Cheers! :wave:

what if you have a focusable green laser and you focus it to the extreme big dot ? and then point it to the robbers eyes ? wouldnt that be annoying ?? i got hit like that one time but hopefully got away with everything ?! ^_______^ :eg::eg::evil::evil::D:D

what if you have a focusable green laser and you focus it to the extreme big dot ? and then point it to the robbers eyes ? wouldnt that be annoying ?? i got hit like that one time but hopefully got away with everything ?! ^_______^ :eg::eg::evil::evil::D:D

I like the way you think. Non lethal... Not as damaging to the eyes... and it could give enough of a distraction to get away to safety.

Last edited:

You would have to rely on your ability to use just enough focus to get the job done. Too little or too much, and you're right back in the same position of either blinding them or not stopping them.

I love sarcasm, it is fun... btw.... gave you a +REP for the sense of humor.

thanks for the rep :)

...sadly i got caught 4 blocks away from the rob scene ....(got tired of running ...:D):wave:

hope this helps!!!........... and please NEVER LISTEN TO YOUR DOG !! :yabbmad:

What would you think about someone without a weapon and is coming at you? Coulden't you just blind them if you had a stong enough laser then get out of the situaton?

You could blind them, then as they are blinded you could break their legs, carry them somewhere random and now since the intruder is blind he can never go back to where he wanted to rob, and he will never be able to point out who blinded him to authorities. :)

Sux for the intruder but man he had it comin LOL

Last edited:

Cel

Use lasers as batons.... especially with assault crowns, like PL-E.