Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserpointerpro?

I just got my laser yesterday. WOW is it a piece of crap! I used it for 5 min. and the button stopped working!! I don't know if it is the button or the battery! What do you think I should do?
I'd start by checking how old threads are before posting on them.

I want to point out that if you look close at the safety stickers on the laser pictures listed on their site of the "1000mw lasers" section, you will notice that is says clearly:

OUTPUT Power: <1000 mW
Class 3B LASER PRODUCT<<<<<<,,LOL

They clearly don't even know what the laws and legal restraints are surrounding their laser business dealings....

tmb993

I bought a couple lasers from LPP because they were cheap (and I didn't know better), and I'm decently satisfied. I got a 5mW 405nm and a 200mW 532nm. The 200 mW is fairly close to what is claimed, I dont have a meter so I cant be positive. But the laser easily lights matches, burns into plastic and will pop balloons at a moderately close distance (bad focus, I'm working on fixing it now). The 532 cost me ~$40 with expedited shipping so I'm not complaining.

I too, bought a few pointers from LPP as I was new and didn't know any better.
I got a 5mw 405nm a 5mw 532nm and a 100mw 532nm.

The difference between the 5mn and 100mw Green is barely noticable so I would agree with a previous poster that said there is no way they are that powerful for the price.

I've tried lighting a match with the 100mw and it does't work. (not really sure if it is supposed to or not)

They definitely came from China and the tracking site they use to check the status of your order is garbage. It took about 3 weeks for my order to arrive and at no time did my order register on the tracking site.

All in all, I am happy with the service. Got some decent toys to shoot with at a really great price. All 3 pointers with shipping was under $70

TL;DR If you're new to lasers and don't have much money to spend, this is a "good enough" place to order from.

100mW focused should burn matches. Be VERY careful of IR leak... cheap chinese quality

Even a 75mW should light matches without focus given enough time. My 100mW+ Krypton from WL lights matches with no focusing in a matter of seconds and it was metered at 150mW max output. My 75mW laser can do it to but it has an unusually small beam diameter.

Ultimately it isn't about power... it's about how well the laser is focused. Small dot= large power density, which is what you want. A 10W laser with a 1000000mRad divergence won't burn at all unless you are stuffing the object down the aperture. However, a 50mW laser with good focus will burn things

I gave them a positive review at their site, for the 150 mW green I ordered a few years ago. Their prices were eyebrow raising low; I was so eager to obtain any green pointer over 5 mW that was less than $50, I didn't care about researching further; I impulsivley latched onto Laserpro. After a scary waiting period, worrying about being scammed, I was happy with the purchase, even though the power likely isn't as claimed. Good enough for my uses.

I wouldn't trust laserpointerpro. Probably just another site selling under spec crap. If you want a high quality laser go with Laserbtb or Survival Lasers.

kilter

I think their 750$ lasers with 80% discount make them a little bit suspicious ...

You are absolutely right! Ordered from them once, can't even comment on how the laser was. Never got here. Refund right away :mad: :tsk::tsk::mad::tsk::mad::gun::(:eek::twak::spank::banghead::banghead::mad::mad: :undecided: :undecided: :tired::cryyy::yabbmad:

I apologies for this ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑ :)

Last edited:
Yeah to hell with them, total scam company like lucklaser just avoid that crap!

I hate to necro this thread, but seeing as how it isn't locked...
so, i have some more info for anyone who wants to buy from these guys.
my friend ordered 11 '250 mW' lasers from this company.
All of them were delivered within 3 weeks, but that's what you should expect from chinese products.
all of them worked upon arrival, and they seemed to work nicely (Not 250mW nice, though).
Some of them broke before the warranty period, and my friend (aka: John) tries to file a warranty with them. They responded in engrish telling us to try new batteries. Luckily, John can talk chinese aswell as they speak english, and he got himself new products within 7 weeks.
i decided to order a laser for disection, so i decided to go with the high(er) quality one found here: click
i was thinking that this actually may be a higher power laser, seeing as they knew the phrase 'seperate cryatal'. I goggle up, and disect. I hook my multimeter up directly, and only to the diode & cheap driver to find that the circuit draws no more than .110A! That's 300mW excluding circuit. The thing stopped working after about a constant hour of on/off beaming.

In short; is it worth the buy? Only if you can speak chinese.

Last edited: