Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LaserPecker

perfo

Hello, I'd like to seek a few views about the product mentioned above called Laser Pecker.. There are video on you tube about it and it does seem a very useful gadget but isn't it an absolute disaster waiting to happen ? What if it falls over whilst engraving ? or someone plugs the power in with it aimed at someone or something? Am I missing something ? Is it a hoax ? Do these kind of things need any sort of certificate ? I'm gobsmakced, a kids will end up with this for Christmas...

You should wear laser safety glasses that attenuate the 445-450nm light, also use the amber shield to prevent other people from seeing any laser light, it's a light dury ( no pun intended ) engraver, more of a gizmo really, not a professional engraver IMHO

Last edited:

perfo

The problem being the shield don't come as standard and don't need to be used and the videos show a woman getting it out of her bag and etching an orange with no glasses or shields or anything. If you know what you are doing then you can use this thing quite safely but I think the audience it's aimed at (no pun intended) will not take appropriate precautions nor are they being encourages to with no mention of safety on any of the videos I've seen. I know it is a light small powered device and a bit gimmicky but if it can etch leather then it can blind you, probably from the other side of the house after it's reflected off a bit of chrome.

LaserPecker-youtube

Yes the video depicts poor laser safety, maybe leave a comment on the video or contact the company and express your concerns.