Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserlands green 30mW Disco Laser - Extensive Review

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8382

what? what did smoke? it smoked but it still works?

:wtf:

Que fuma? Es una mala traduccion de google. Queria decir que sale humo , si ponemos una pila de litio y una alcalina gastada. Es lo que no hay que hacer.
Funciona muy bien , despues de mucho uso. Aunque lo voy ha regalar.
Me compraré el mismo en 50 mw.:D
Smoking? It's a bad translation from google. I wanted to say that smoke, if you put a lithium battery and an alkaline spent. This is what not to do.
It works very well, after much use. Although I'll have to give.
I buy the same at 50 mw.:D

D

Deleted member 8382

nono, entendí perfectamente que salió humo. Pero estás completamente loco usándolo mientras sale humo. No sé de donde dices que procede el humo, pero si viene de la pila, podría explotar!

Nono, I perfectly understood that it smoked. But you're totally crazy using it while it smokes. I don't know where's the smoke coming from, but it it's coming from the cell, it could explode!

Me habré explicado mal Alvert quiero decir que comprové el funcionamiento de la pila de litio junto ha una pila alcalina gastada haber si me servia de conductor. Viendo que salia humo inmediatamente saqué la bateria alcalina he introduje un conductor casero con un simple lapiz (cortado a la medida de la pila evidentemente) y un cable unido con cinta aislante.
Éstas pilas aún siendo delicadas las recomendaria ya que dan mas potencia,son recargables y tienen una descarga muy constante.
Saludos
I'll be badly explained comprovar Alvertos I mean the operation of the lithium battery with an alkaline battery has worn out if I have served as a conductor. Seeing smoke coming out immediately pulled the alkaline battery have introduced a driver home with a simple pencil (cut to size the battery obviously) and a cable attached with duct tape.
These cells still remain sensitive recommend them as they give more power, are rechargeable and have a very steady download.
Regards

D

Deleted member 8382

Entiendo. Supongo que el grafito hace de resistencia y eso hace que le entren unos 3V en vez de los 4V de la pila. Un montaje curioso, pero yo me limitaría a las nimh.

I see. I suppose the pencil is acting like a resistor which makes the voltage to drop to 3V instead the 4V the battery is supplying. An interesting method, but I'd stick with nimhs

akelu

i bought 3 of these from ebay.

They certainly vary in quality.

1 takes a good 2 minutes to warm up to about 20mw
the other is strong from the get go but is also only 20mw
third one is 30mw always (i kept this one :))

i just recived 2 of these and just got done testing them one of them works just fine and the other it bright for about 4-5 sec and then gets much dimmer:yabbem: not too stoked about that but i can probobly send it back and get another
meanwhile im waiting for my bank to clear up a litlle mishap so i can get a Nice Laser.. or two.:shhh:

Hi, I sold to my friends, about 5 discolasers of 30mw (50mw one) and a unit, same thing happened.
I guess that is a bad connection or bad solder the diode. You can remove and check the solder points.
After nearly a year, lithium battery, I can say the following:
30mw Discolaser: accept a lithium battery (10,440 to 3.7 v), 15% or 20% more powerful and more consistent. Use a conductor (copper wire, a pencil stub.) RECOMMENDED.
I pobado long time and many times and still like new.

50mw Discolaser: NOT accept lithium battery (10,440 to 3.7 v). I tried it and the diode is burned.

Very nice review...but you should add the lack of an IR filter to the "Cons:" section -- that's what I'd do myself anyway. :)