Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laserland power supplies

I have to say that Laserlands or Basrem make nice heads but their 12v power supplies are SH*&^EW and one member here is right CHEAP and I am about to throw it through the window. the molex connector falls apart. I solder the wires on.. still don't work I had a devil of a time to attach it to an aluminum plate and then i have to find a 12v power supply on and on and on. I hate HATE HATE HATE Basrem 12v power supplies and the next time I order one of their lasers it BETTER come with a 110v power supply. I think it is fried. and I hope they send me a new one. Still waiting on my replacement laser. I bet the flickering on the other one is power supply issues guarantee it their heads I think are great. they need to sober up their power supply manufacturing ..

Reactions: GSS

Are you talking about a driver or a wall wart? All you need to power most of their stuff that requires 12 volts is a wall wart. I have a 230 mW 532nm DPSS lab laser from them that runs on 12 volts and I ordered a $6.00 wall wart and changed the driver to take a female connector the would plug into the wall wart. It has been working fine for 5 years now. I had it out the other day and it still runs unlimited. The thing is thermostatically controlled and the fan only kicks in when it needs to. I think I pair $50.00 for it.

Encap

This post should not be in the General subforum .
it belongs, if anywhere, in the Drivers, Test-load, Power Supply, & Batteries subforum.

Last edited:
Are you talking about a driver or a wall wart? All you need to power most of their stuff that requires 12 volts is a wall wart. I have a 230 mW 532nm DPSS lab laser from them that runs on 12 volts and I ordered a $6.00 wall wart and changed the driver to take a female connector the would plug into the wall wart. It has been working fine for 5 years now. I had it out the other day and it still runs unlimited. The thing is thermostatically controlled and the fan only kicks in when it needs to. I think I pair $50.00 for it.

It is the driver that had that fan on the back.. which came broken. they will replace it. just think their drivers are crap. their heads are great to me but the driver board is bad. it came on then it pulsed and then came on then went out and now won't work I wired it to a regulated 12v power supply

This post should not in in the General Subforum .
it belongs, if anywhere, in the Drivers, Test-load, Power Supply, & Batteries subforum.

it seem "general" to me. Thanks for the correction

It is the driver that had that fan on the back.. which came broken. they will replace it. just think their drivers are crap. their heads are great to me but the driver board is bad. it came on then it pulsed and then came on then went out and now won't work I wired it to a regulated 12v power supply

The fan is on the back of the laser head. The driver board is in a black plastic holder. I had to remove the screws to access the driver to change the 12 volt input to it, but that was just for convenience. I could have ordered the right connector to plug it into the driver. What exactly did you get this driver for? What wavelength laser? Is it a labby?

I have to say that Laserlands or Basrem make nice heads but their 12v power supplies are SH*&^EW and one member here is right CHEAP and I am about to throw it through the window. the molex connector falls apart. I solder the wires on.. still don't work I had a devil of a time to attach it to an aluminum plate and then i have to find a 12v power supply on and on and on. I hate HATE HATE HATE Basrem 12v power supplies and the next time I order one of their lasers it BETTER come with a 110v power supply. I think it is fried. and I hope they send me a new one. Still waiting on my replacement laser. I bet the flickering on the other one is power supply issues guarantee it their heads I think are great. they need to sober up their power supply manufacturing ..

How about a link to the Power Supply
you are referring to. A picture is worth
1,000 words.....:whistle:

Jerry

Last edited:
The fan is on the back of the laser head. The driver board is in a black plastic holder. I had to remove the screws to access the driver to change the 12 volt input to it, but that was just for convenience. I could have ordered the right connector to plug it into the driver. What exactly did you get this driver for? What wavelength laser? Is it a labby?

It is an RGB no fan on head. There is a power supply or driver board that has the ttl inputs and an rs232 type connector very ssimilar to the B&W laser head connector. There is a molex 12v power connector. You saw the laser. Like the one from Ali express. The head is beautifully made the power supply is cheap. It is a lab laser yes

It is an RGB no fan on head. There is a power supply or driver board that has the ttl inputs and an rs232 type connector very ssimilar to the B&W laser head connector. There is a molex 12v power connector. You saw the laser. Like the one from Ali express. The head is beautifully made the power supply is cheap. It is a lab laser yes

Pictures.... Pictures.... Pictures.....

Jerry

Okay. The driver looks pretty nice considering it is on a heat sink and has its own fan. You need to supply +12 volts DC at 3 amps on the red and black wires. The black is ground/negative and the red is +12 volts. It uses a 12000 mW 445 diode which with the 300 mW DPSS 532nm green laser will bleed out the sides of the beam. It would have been better had you bought a 520nm direct diode laser for green. At least they used 638nm and not 650nm, or you would have had the same problem with red that you are going to have with blue.

Do you think it has a dpss in that case? The beam flickered and went out and never came on since. Yes I ran it off of 12v 5 amp. Power supply or driver which ever it's called. Could a dpas laser only use 2 wires like direct diode

Sure. You only need to supply current to the pump diode. Did this not come assembled? By that I mean, did you have to put the driver board on the heat sink? You shouldn't have had to. It sounds like you may have connected it wrong by not knowing how these are normally put together. They don't come with instructions as sellers assume you know what you are doing if you purchase it. If you are unsure about how something should go together, never guess. Ask the seller if you are unsure. You can ask us if you are too.

Sure. You only need to supply current to the pump diode. Did this not come assembled? By that I mean, did you have to put the driver board on the heat sink? You shouldn't have had to. It sounds like you may have connected it wrong by not knowing how these are normally put together. They don't come with instructions as sellers assume you know what you are doing if you purchase it. If you are unsure about how something should go together, never guess. Ask the seller if you are unsure. You can ask us if you are too.

Oh I hooked it up correctly. Positive to positve. Just lloks there aren't wires. From looking at connector

From the instructions for use, the power should not be switched on until the power is connected to the driver. This plug is at the back of the driver board next to the fan. The negative connection is toward the edge of the board and the positive is next to it and toward the middle of the board. They recommend the laser head be placed on a flat metal surface to act as additional heat sinking. Once the power supply is connected and stable, you can then turn the switch on, but it won't immediately come on. There appears to be a delay.

They say not to allow tension or tugging on the umbilical cord as this will cause problems with the head and/or driver. There is more that is in Chinglish and difficult to make out what they mean. I hope this information is helpful. They do show a wire harness in the photos for connecting the power to the driver board.

Last edited: