Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserland 532nm 40x69mm 200mW - DOA

Traxxtar

For my purposes, the laser won't be on more than a few seconds at a time, certainly no more than 10 seconds. Mostly from 2-3 seconds.

For my purposes, the laser won't be on more than a few seconds at a time, certainly no more than 10 seconds. Mostly from 2-3 seconds.

In that case you don't need a heat sink at all. For ten seconds a heat sink wouldn't even be useful as the module won't heat up in that time.

Traxxtar

Oh....now you got me thinking. If I could extract the diode module from that heat sink and thus only have the small diode and driver to work with, then my existing box enclosure for my HMI and micro controller could be reworked to put the laser inside instead of outside and fastened with a separate mount. I'll have to get creative and figure this out.

THANKS!!

Traxxtar

BTW, what's the best way to remove the diode/driver from the heat sink?

I'd have to see the heat sink you are talking about to give you an answer. If it is the small focusable black one, I don't know as I have never taken one of these apart. It has to do with not damaging a working laser.

Post # 10 is just a link back to this thread. I need a link to the actual laser.

ah. I don't have one of these. If you really want to take it apart, I would start by seeing if the lens will screw off. It is likely that they used glue in putting this together, so it may not be easy to get it apart. You could also look under the stickers to see if they are hiding any screws.

Traxxtar

A couple of pliers later....I tore it all apart. I am now attempting to McGyver a new laser mount but the collimating lens doesn't fit quite right. Arg!

Photos would be very helpful if you need advise on this. I have seen many of the 532nm modules inside of these type of lasers. I might be able to guide you.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

Yes pic's would be nice..
I'm a bit confused unless I missed it some where.
Why buy a pretty big module by 532 standards just to gut it out? What are you trying to make or use it for?
There are smaller 200mw module 532 options..