Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserjet 8000 laser diode

The three most widely used methods of creating a one off PCB that I am aware of.

1. Resist ink marker pens, sloppy but it works.
2. "Rub down" resist traces and pads, neater, but very time consuming
3. Using a transfer sheet and exposing a photo sensitive board to strong light before the etch bath.

Number 3 makes the most professional looking board with the least amount of effort.

So I think a laser of relatively low to medium power could be used to expose the photo-chemical resist, however building a plotter to move your laser around in a precision manner will be the biggest obstacle, I would be very impressed to see that pulled off by a hobbyist.

cpsim

i could see 3 working efficiently. on a two stage. would have to make a template to go over the board. i think i could do the ink burn off. decently. will see how it goes. once i get finished building the usb driver board for the steppers. gear reduction for the xy driven motors. where can hope for a much tighter pattern.

cpsim

will do. its gonna take some time. but when i get r done it will be perty. x is the table. y is on the bar. only thing that i am really buyin is the long drive and motors. may attempt makin the next set of stepper motors tho.