Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Laserglow "RIGEL-6" 593.5nm Pen (LPF 5th anniv. Ed.)

Who sells a 593.4 higher than 5mW these days?

i know a source. incoming PM.:D

Nobody, really. Almost nobody sells 593.5 period.
I tried to buy one from a member and it ended up either being confiscated by AU customs or being an outright scam.

i bet it got past AU custom but not The U.S due to some FDA requirement.:D

i know a source. incoming PM.:D

i bet it got past AU custom but not The U.S due to some FDA requirement.:D

Could you PM me that source too? Thanks :D

And the U.S. customs aren't that strict, I haven't heard of them seizing any lasers recently.

Could you PM me that source too? Thanks :D

And the U.S. customs aren't that strict, I haven't heard of them seizing any lasers recently.

Pm''ed :D

Cni distributor is one of many way.

won't tell names in the public....

Last edited:
...that group buy feels like a lifetime ago. I've still got my Lyra here somewhere. Glad this has found a good home! :)

Trevor

Thanks Trevor, and glad to see you around again!
I missed out on the 5yr. anniversiary GB, and it looks like there isn't going to be a 10yr. GB, so this one is kind of special to me. :yh:

Does the 532 effect to color of the dot?

how does it look vs 589? is it more amberish?

No, the 532nm is not seen under normal circumstances; I only saw it when shining the beam through a diffraction grating.
IIRC, some owners have reported seeing the 532 upon start up, or when the battery is getting low, I have not seen this yet.
To me, the color is more amber than 589nm; the 10th photo in my post, with the dot shining on the case, looks to me, to be an accurate representation of how I see the color.
Side by side with 589nm is usually hard to get a good comparison, since most 589's have much higher output.

wow to me thats crazy that you can see 532 with difraction. but then again I dont know much about 593... I have played with my 589 with grating a lot and.. im assuming obvisously.. never seen that. You need to frame it with a pinhole to hit the pushbutton...

Last edited:
Great looking wavelength, I would love to see it at several watts. :beer:

Thanks Red, I'd also love to see several watts, heck, I'd settle for several hundred milliwatts! :D
TBH, I'd just be happy to see 100mW or so, just to be able to get some nice comparisons with our 589nm units.

Last edited:
Hey BowTie... I know you really love this laser, but would you be able to sell it to me... for science? :D

I am probably willing to pay you more than you paid for it. :)

Hi Sta, sorry, no science projects for this guy, at least for a while. ;)

Back