Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserglow Glasses

Ante

So i wanna order some safety glasses from laserglow. Long story short i found which ones i wanna buy but i don't know which ones i am getting. Why is there 4 diffrent glasses in the picure??Screenshot_20240323_213104_Chrome.jpg

That picture is a generic/default picture they use for all their goggles. The color of the pair you receive will depend on the wavelength range you chose.

Reactions: GSS

Ante

Have a look at Survival Lasers Eagle Pair laser goggles which are excellent protection at a very reasonable price and save some money unless for some reason you have to have the glasses Laserglow is reselling.
Btw didn't their glasses fail some tests a while ago?? Im probably not gonna use anything more than 2 Watts of power while wearing them but still. Just wanna be sure.

The Survival lasers that had an issue were only deficient in attenuating the 480nm-490nm range IINM, I believe it was discovered after the Sharp 488nm laser diodes came out, but I'm reasonably sure that has been corrected, however there is nothing wrong with going with a pair of top shelf certified glasses, here's a couple more links to quality glasses.

Last edited:

Ante

The Survival lasers that had an issue were only deficient in attenuating the 480nm-490nm range IINM, I believe it was discovered after the Sharp 488nm laser diodes came out, but I'm reasonably sure that has been corrected, however there is nothing wrong with going with a pair of top shelf certified glasses, here's a couple more links to quality glasses.
Thanks for recommending. Either phillips safety or survival lasers👍

Encap

Exactly.

There was an issue with one batch where the OD was diminished in a small range but only in goggles that were produced before 2020.

Notice by Survival Lasers at the time, Aug. 2020, as follows:
"NOTE TO CUSTOMERS OF SL-GLG1X EAGLE PAIR® GOGGLES PURCHASED PRIOR TO 2020: It has been determined by Eagle Pair® that some SL-GLG1X Eagle Pair® 190-540nm & 800-1700nm goggles manufactured prior to 2020 may have a dip in the absorbance curve between 505 and 517nm wavelength of about OD3 instead of OD5. Eagle Pair® has provided us replacement lens filters for any Survival Laser customer of these goggles that requests them. Customers can reach us about the replacements"

The issue has long since been rectified.

Last edited: