Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserglow - 300ft match, balloon and fireworks vid

S

SenKat

Re: Laserglow - 300ft match, balloon and fireworks

Justin said:
The laser used is our LRS-532-TM-1200-10 and the price would be around USD $4200. I suppose you could do this same trick with a lower powered laser and it would still work pretty well as long as you had a decent telescope to focus the beam. If anyone out there has a scope, give it a shot!

One question, and one comment as well (in order)

How did you measure the distance ?

If you answer it the way I think you will - here is my comment ! :)

You SHOULD have used a laser range finder to measure the distance ! LOL !! Nice vid, man....truly incredible power !

(Oh, hell....that was three comments, wasn't it ? Well, poop.)

:D

Justin

The distance was basically eyeballed, knowing the size of the property and lake it was easy to estimate the range. It might not be exactly 300ft but it's pretty close, and at that range I don't think that 2 feet this way or that really makes a difference.

And yes, I wish that we had a laser range finder, laser thermometer, LIDAR gun, missile sheild, hair remover and everything else, but sadly we don't have all of the laser toys that I would like. On the other hand, the people who sell laser range finders probably don't have a Hercules! Maybe we could arrange a swap... ;)

Aseras

I'll trade you a laser range finder for another Herc.

Hope you enjoyed your trip. I went with the Herc 400 and it's impressive Justin.
I'm leaving tonight on my trip and it's going with me. Maybe I'll have some good pics and videos to share. :)

Very kool video. Great work.

Justin

Aserus: Yes, I saw your upgrade order for the 400. Go big or go home, right? Well, you now own some of the most powerful handheld lasers that we sell. You're going to have to move up to a lab module soon... or a lightsaber.

S

SenKat

Justin - put me down for al ightsabre, please ? :D

very nice!!! this is what I am still hoping for on for a portable/adjustable unit... :-/ With the right optics you should be able to get a 200mW laser to do the same thing

Aseras

SenKat said:
Justin - put me down for al ightsabre, please ? :D

I already have lightsabers...

gnsaber.jpg

rdsaber.jpg

Just a piece of acrylic on the end of the laser. It scatters the light and looks AWESOME. I'm gonna stick it on the lathe and taper it out and it should look really cool.

That is a pretty sweet video :cool:

Jase

caleb

wiked, but i do agree that if a country is going to ban lasers theses should be banned as it is dangerous. but i realy dont mind if your not an idiot.

Razako

caleb said:
wiked, but i do agree that if a country is going to ban lasers theses should be banned as it is dangerous. but i realy dont mind if your not an idiot.
OLD THREAD ALERT!

Ace82

Razako said:
[quote author=caleb link=1191363919/24#25 date=1213773957]wiked, but i do agree that if a country is going to ban lasers theses should be banned as it is dangerous. but i realy dont mind if your not an idiot.
OLD THREAD ALERT![/quote]

That's funny when someone makes such a huge bump with such an unusual comment. I've seen that video before, but it was nice to be reminded. 4th of July is comming up soon... :-X.... The fireworks are more dangerous then the laser btw... ;D...

and it lit in about a second, im sure you could go more than 300 feet.