Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laserdock adapter?

aiello

I've ordered a Galvo kit with ILDA connector. The simplest way to drive this seems to be an adapter from a smartphone to ILDA and an app, such as Laseros from Wickedlasers.

The adapter (Laserdock) seems to be unavailable... Is there a cheap alternative, or could it be reverse engineered?

Cyparagon

The search term you want to use is DAC, or more specifically "laser DAC" or perhaps "ILDA DAC". Don't limit yourself to a particular brand. They're going to be several hundred dollars for one that isn't total shit. If that's too much, you chose the wrong hobby. Save up, or sell your gear.

Someone with a lot of electronics knowledge could reverse engineer the hardware, but the software and firmware is not feasible.

aiello

I have no interest in projecting a winking Santa Claus on the wall... I mainly want some basic stuff like moving planes, cones etc. using a single laser. This could probably be done at next to zero cost on a laptop (e.g. using Audacity) with analog waveforms and a stereo amp, and some DC voltages.

But since free apps are available, it would be easier to use a phone, and it's just the hardware DAC from USB to ILDA that's missing. Shouldn't cost more than the entire Galvo kit!

Last edited:

aiello

I see that the Laserdock is again available on Wickedlasers, for the bargain price of 399... Bet this thing could be cloned to cost less than 10 bucks.

Where are the Chinese when you need them?! :)

hakzaw1

2021 'SELEM ' now held in Del. first week i AUG <115 days away.

Time to do this.
Cost goes up SOON_ right now it is $119...for what we get--A SUPER DEAL.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
from my post at pl

Lodging options for SELEM 2021 in Del.​

before you pay anything see the reviews--some are from 2019
But things may have improved OR gotten worse.

read them NOW

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re..._Maryland.html

double charging
awful service
lost reservations and more--
IF 'BRAD" is still there ??? we should look elsewhere
we have a LPF member who lives right there.. MYB he can help BEFORE we book...
call them(HIE)
if you like 877 424 6228
it is not easy to get with someone actually there (?red flag)--instead they send us to some 'service' (like booking a room) who makes a commission -- WTF

....more
this HIE was once a Comfort Inn--so not much the same as what we expect ---we might find better..
Less than 115 days away (if my MATHS were right)
may move this to a place of 'its'own,

aiello

Turns out no adapter is needed, as the galvo kit already does it! I just fired it up and it has a dip switch mode selector. Starts with a demo of patterns.

That kit is better than expected: for 70 bucks you get a mains power supply, two driver boards, a galvo unit and a controller (RGB) with patterns stored on eprom.

With this kit you don't need to mess about with Arduino etc. No instructions included though, so it's a matter of trying the dip switch settings...

Luckily I had a box that might fit. Will be good to try with fog when finished!

Attachments

• Galvo-1.jpg
    Galvo-1.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Pa.jpg
    Pa.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1
  • Pc.jpg
    Pc.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1