Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasercompare

Hello Peoples,

I found really good infos in this community here, and now I registered me. Sorry for my bad english, this is not my motherlanguage (german) ;)

I'm writing, because i have questions about two laser-models and other things.

1. Whats the different between the colours of the lasers? A friends means everytime, green was the best, because its the best visible beam (and the hottest). Is this right?

2. I have two models, whitch are cheap an got a good feedback.
a) DealExtreme: $56.56 200mW Green Laser Pointer Pen Black
b) $41.06 HLP18130 Focusable Red Laser Pointer 200mW - BudgetGadgets.com

B is a little bit cheaper, but it Uses CR2 Batteries :gun:
But, and this make me ...thinking?, the a uses 2x AAA batteries. I read from one Buyers, that a Laser whitch uses 2x AAA batteries never brings the power for 200mw. Is this true? My friend got the green Pen Laser (a), and i saw, that it was really light (the beam).

What would you buy? When i buy b) then i must also buy a charger for the batteries xD

3. Do you think, glosses are responsibility? I never beam in my/other eyes, but the dot is really light, do I need glosses anyway or only because its dangerous, when I beam in my/other eyes?

[promotion]
Thanks to LEO, whitout him, my english would be much bader :whistle:
[/promotion]

I'm glad about your answers.

Greez
Trudler

Hi!

Your english is very good actually.

Like the poster above said, if you want lasers up to spec, youll probably want to go to like O-Like or Rayfoss.

O-Like.com

Rayfoss.com

Green is the most common I think, and yes, it has on hell of a beam. I have a 150mw Rayfoss Green and a 200mw red. I can BARLEY see the reds beam. However the Green Beam is extremely visible.

You dont need glasses if your just pointing it at the sky. But I REALLY think you should get glasses, you only get one pair of eyes and you do NOT want to ruin it, trust me. Also be careful around other living things, like cats and dogs.

If your going to get CR2 batteries, I would suggest you get a charger and recharable ones. So you dont have to keep buying. I prefer CR2 over AAAs becuase I hate buying AAAs and they run out quick IMO. Now as for 2 AAAs and 200mws, I dont think it would, its pretty rare.

Hope I helped!!!

Hello, and welcome to the forum.
Yes, the green lasers will hurt your eyes two ways; just from looking at the dot on the wall.(by hurt, I mean temporary) Also at close distances, can do permenent damage. Green is the most dangerous color because human's eyes are the most sensitive to the 532nm wavelengh (green)

405nm(Blu-Ray) is the hottest for burning things (including skin). However, your eyes are not sensitive to the lower color spectrum, so purple/blue does not appear bright to your eyes (but is very dangerous).

If you want a laser that is not going to break in a couple hours and puts out the power that is claimed, you should buy from someone on this forum. Look in the Buy, Sale,Trade section.

Lasers eat batteries! (use a lot of them) so unless you are rich you need rechargables. As an example, before I received my rechargable AAA or 10440 batteries I was using 20 to 30 batteries a week just for one color of laser (Blu-Ray)

Also most lasers that use AAA size batteries can handle the 10440 cell, It's 4.2 V fully charged and will make the laser produce more power. You just have to limit your duty cycle (how long you leave the laser on at one time)

I know you don't speak English very well, so I've tried to explain everything in simple terms.
For lots more info. enter 532nm or Green in the search box at the top of the page. Get ready for information overload although,(lots and lots of things to learn) LOL
Good luck with your laser. Warning_-_-_Laser are habit forming, one is never enough!!!! or should I say one more is never enough:crackup:

Wow, 3 answers in a short time :beer:

Thanks for it, there were very good :)

Yeah, i won't buy only one laser, i think. But for the start... :D

A charger for CR2 batteries is a good idea, when you say, this batteries life longer.

VERY BIG THANKS to this mega-answers!! :thanks:

Greez
Trudler