Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserbtb laser stopped at customs

all i know is that italian customs suck but its your lastchance getting one through customs, if that also will get stopped then you are ouf of luck i guess :( It all depends if stuff from regular mail and fedex or dhl go through same customs not sure..

write to them you want it shipped again fedex, dhl or whatever and hopefully you get it this time.

Yeah, Kevin keeps saying that the laser is FDA and CE compliant and I'm trying to make him understand that it doesn't matter since it was stopped for a law. I'm really sorry for him and for his company that they lost a laser because of customs, but now I hope he'll send me a new one.
By the way, I think that even if I have it shipped with DHL it may be stopped at customs, unless it arrives into the UE from another country.
Another option would be to have it delivered to Germany or some other UE country where there are no restrictive laws against lasers and then do package forwarding. I'll now call DHL to know more about this.

Thank you very much for your help!

Last edited:

zoeid

Never buyed from laserbtb but when i buy laser i never buy from hk or us (except host)
Don't worry wait until the 50th days in italy è così purtroppo

UPDATE:

Kevin just told me that if I really want the laser I can pay him 40$ and he'll send me a new one via Holland, so that it skips customs. Otherwise I may tell the customs to send the laser back to him and he'll refund me. Since I don't think customs will allow me to send the package back to the sender, I think I'll go for the first option. Not sure yet, but I think this is a reaally good news. I'm so happy!

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Kevin just told me that if I really want the laser I can pay him 40$ and he'll send me a new one via Holland, so that it skips italian customs. Otherwise I may tell the customs to send the laser back to him and he'll refund me. Since I don't think customs will allow me to send the package back to the sender, I think I'll go for the first option. Not sure yet, but I think this is a reaally good news. I'm so happy!

Yeah i would go with that too, goodluck hope you get it finally.

Ok, I paid Kevin and the new laser is now being produced. He also told me more details about shipping: he'll send the package to Holland, and then he'll forward it. He's really sure that this way it will skip customs and that it will arrive without problems, otherwise he'll refund me. Let's hope!

Last edited:
Hey guys, the laser just arrived! Finally I got it! I'm really very happy. In the package there were no security glasses although I had ordered them, so I think that they'll be shipped separately. Without security glasses I don't think using the laser is a good idea, so I powered it on for one second just to see if it worked, and it does. Thank you very much for your help in this post.
As soon as I will be able to fully try it out I'll make a review.

Hey guys, the laser just arrived! Finally I got it! I'm really very happy. In the package there were no security glasses although I had ordered them, so I think that they'll be shipped separately. Without security glasses I don't think using the laser is a good idea, so I powered it on for one second just to see if it worked, and it does. Thank you very much for your help in this post.
As soon as I will be able to fully try it out I'll make a review.

Good to hear you finally got the laser bud, and it's a good idea to wait until the safety glasses arrive.

You can however still use the laser without the goggles(I know you want to be safe so do what you feel is best). Just make sure you aren't doing any burning or anything which could result in you/someone else being in danger and possibly lose their vision :)

-Alex