Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laserbtb HL515-30..... DOA? *solved*

I hope this isn't something which becomes common with laserbtb as I've had no problems with the other two lasers I've bought from them. However, upon receiving my 515nm 30mW from them I found the laser wouldn't turn on.

Yes, the aperture is open, the key is switched to the "on" position and I have charged both 16340 bat's to around 80% charge and inserted them the way as instructed by the sticker on the host. Is there anything else I could try? I tried other tailcaps from other HL's I own(which work fine) and still no LED light or light coming out. I don't think the tailcap is the problem, nor the batteries as I tried other ones which powered my 532 easily, albeit it only takes 1 16340.

Anything else anyone else recommends before I try to contact laserbtb?

-Alex

Last edited:

Sta

Re: laserbtb HL515-30..... DOA?

That's unfortunate. Have you tried measuring the current draw?

Sta

You're a moderator. Shouldn't you know what to do with such a simple situation?

If it's simple for you, you're welcome to help! That's what the forum is for. :)

Last edited:

Encap

I hope this isn't something which becomes common with laserbtb as I've had no problems with the other two lasers I've bought from them. However, upon receiving my 515nm 30mW from them I found the laser wouldn't turn on.

Yes, the aperture is open, the key is switched to the "on" position and I have charged both 16340 bat's to around 80% charge and inserted them the way as instructed by the sticker on the host. Is there anything else I could try? I tried other tailcaps from other HL's I own(which work fine) and still no LED light or light coming out. I don't think the tailcap is the problem, nor the batteries as I tried other ones which powered my 532 easily, albeit it only takes 1 16340.

Anything else anyone else recommends before I try to contact laserbtb?

-Alex

Push the red button---you didn't mention that.

Are the batteries in the right way? Does it have a remote connector switch and pin?

Seriously, don't worry about it just return it --exchange for a good one unless you want to take it all apart and determne the problem

Last edited:

That's unfortunate. Have you tried measuring the current draw?

Not yet, trying the charging back to 100% first :)

Push the red button---you didn't mention that.

Are the batteries in the right way? Does it have a remote connector switch and pin?

Seriously, don't worry about it just return it --exchange for a good one unless you want to take it all apart and determne the problem

Hey Encap,

Yep, the batteries are correct according to the sticker and the red button has been pushed :D I am currently charging both of them up to 100% to see if that does anything, if not, I'll just get another unit :)

Edit: Nope, still dosen't work. I already contacted laserbtb and see what they will do! :beer:

-Alex

Last edited:

Looks like some members mentioned that flat top 16340's might not connect properly leading to a laser not working. I'll buy some button top 16340's. In the mean time, am I ok to remove the plastic eFest logo off the batteries so they contact?

Yep, got it to work! Put aluminum in between them! :D

-Alex

Last edited:

Looks like some members mentioned that flat top 16340's might not connect properly leading to a laser not working. I'll buy some button top 16340's. In the mean time, am I ok to remove the plastic eFest logo off the batteries so they contact?

Yep, got it to work! Put aluminum in between them! :D

-Alex

Alex please buy some small neodymium magnets so you can freely use flat tops in any laser. I use some tiny 1/8 x 1/16 discs, I bought a package of 100 on Amazon but I can't find any that size on Amazon at the moment. United Nuclear has them in stock though. Sorry the site apparently no longer allows linking directly to their products, just click on magnets and you can find them.
https://unitednuclear.com
If you decide to experiment with larger ones please don't take them lightly, watch some YouTube videos about them first. Even those tiny magnets this size have a pull of .8-.9 pound, hard to believe but true.

Alan

Last edited: