Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserbee AX vs Laserbee 3.7w USB

leemp5

Hi guys.

I have decided to embark upon my first laser pointer build and so would like a laser power meter.

I am stuck for choice between the laserbee ax and the 3.7w usb models.

The ax has a zeroing feature (will i ever need to use this?) and a display however it is only rated up to 3.1w whereas the usb version is rated up to 3.7w.

I cant imagine me building a laser that powerful anytime soon however im thinking for future use the extra 600mw may be good to have.

Which do you guys think will be a better option?

All advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks

leemp5

Nvm guys. I went to checkout to see how much they charge postage ti the uk and its a painful $75.
Too much for me sadly.

ped

If it's just the occasional Laser you need LPM' ing , I can do it for you, I'm only in Liverpool.

Last edited:
Nvm guys. I went to checkout to see how much they charge postage ti the uk and its a painful $75.
Too much for me sadly.

Ouch. I recently purchased a 3.7W USB. I am now looking into getting something by Ophir that can do around 10 watts. If I find something soon, I will be selling mine. I don't think it would cost me anywhere near that to ship to the UK.

leemp5

If it's just the occasional Laser you need LPM' ing , I can do it for you, I'm only in Liverpool.

Thanks for the offer its much appreciated however id rather have my own lpm as i plan on experimenting a fair bit in the near future. I modify air rifles and purchased my own chrono as its always handy to know what your kit is running at.

I will look into making my own lpm. Saw a few threads here on the topic ao inwill have a look through.

Thanks again.

leemp5

Ouch. I recently purchased a 3.7W USB. I am now looking into getting something by Ophir that can do around 10 watts. If I find something soon, I will be selling mine. I don't think it would cost me anywhere near that to ship to the UK.

Please do let me know. I may be interested in purchasing. I tried to have a look for an ophir however i havent been at home all week so im on my mobile and couldnt find any prices.

Please do let me know. I may be interested in purchasing. I tried to have a look for an ophir however i havent been at home all week so im on my mobile and couldnt find any prices.

Will do. The thing about buying an Ophir is, unless you wanna spend a good chunk of money, you're buying used. This means that you likely need an LPM that is known to be accurate to calibrate it. What I'm thinking about doing is buying an Ophir that's capable of 8 to 10 watts or more, using my Laserbee to calibrate it, then selling the Laserbee. I've just gotta find an Ophir in my price range.