Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserbee 1000mW LPM

Murudai said:
[quote author=wannaburn link=1214556044/0#1 date=1214557114]
What part of the graphing is trickey? I havent experianced any difficulty in this area, and the printout pretty much sums it up. I have noticed that the graph will fluctuate with minor movements of the beam, but aside from that it rides out pretty smooth. I would be interested to see the screenshots of any annomalies you might be experiancing.

Any idea how to hook this up through USB?

Mainly I noticed that sometimes with no laser shining at it the computer would read it as 997mW or something, though the actual read out would stay at 0mW. Naturally, a few 997mW readings completely mess up the average and the peak readings :)
[/quote]

I just figured out what the problem. I was making a graph for something, and I noticed that all the readings on the computer were deviated from the ones on the LCD.

It seems everything on the computer is exactly 3 less than anything on the LCD screen! LCD shows 220, computer shows 217, etc. LCD shows 0, computer shows 3 less than 0, which comes all the way round back to 997 :)

Does anyone know how to use Excel (or more accurately, OpenOffice Calc, but they do the same thing) to add 3 to an entire column? Really help me when making a graph with this :)

In Excel:

Assuming you have a column of values:

1) Go to a new column, but same row as the first value.
2) Click the function button (the f[sub]x[/sub])
3) Select the Sum function
4) Use "3" as one of the values
5) For the other, select a range, that being the first value of the column of measured values.

You should have a a single cell that computes a function Sum(A1 + 3) where A1 is the first measured value's location.

Now to duplicate it for the whole column:  

1) Grab the lower right corner of that summation cell you just made and stretch it down to the same height as your values column.

You're done!