Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser wont burn stuff

Hey i have jd-303 laser pointer green with 2000mw 532mn class IIIb and i wont do nohting to matches

Well, for starters it's obvious that the laser is CLEARLY not 2000mW.

I assume it's some $20 (+/-) laser you bought online? Well, it's clearly not strong enough to burn, because cheap lasers are weak lasers, and often wrongly labeled.

You want a laser that burns stuff? Build your own, or pay more money for a more powerful one.

And NO, you cannot "mod" your weak laser to be a powerful laser.

Right. So?

How exactly are we supposed to help you? You cannot turn your laser into more powerful laser.

You can maybe try using a magnifier glass to focus the beam when trying to burn matches, but if it doesn't work, there is nothing you can do except buy a more powerful laser.

Aleksa

I kako da ne poludis kad vidis ovakve ljude... People these days...

Did you adjusted the focus? Most of 303 lasers are capable of burning, unless you received a true low power one or a defective one.

You can try to paint the match with a black pencil, adjust the focus twisting the cap, turn it on and point it to the match head, firstly put it near the aperture, and slowly move it away, at some point the match should burn.

SteveT

Did you adjusted the focus? Most of 303 lasers are capable of burning, unless you received a true low power one or a defective one.

You can try to paint the match with a black pencil, adjust the focus twisting the cap, turn it on and point it to the match head, firstly put it near the aperture, and slowly move it away, at some point the match should burn.

Good advice. I also have a 532 303 and despite focusing it refuses to burn anything. Quality and output varies from a unit to unit...sounds like we ended up with duds.

Last edited: