Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Watch Mod

K

kingzilla

I was thinking about buying one of those watches that have an imbeded laser pointer (see below) and replacing the original 5mw red diode with a the most powerful diode that will fit, creating a weapon fit for James Bond himself. ;) Anyone tried this before? :cool:My main concerns are weather a high power diode would fit in that watch, and would the battery be enough to power it? Imagine lighting matches with your watch laser!! ;D I could add a piano wire mod to the watch aswell! :eek: Lol, jk about the piano wire, but the rest would be cool, any ideas? :p

S

SenKat

I saw that, and considered it as well ! I do not think a 5.6mm diode would fit in there with the optics that are there - BUT I could be wrong ! The thing is, I don't mind futzing up a $20.00 flashlight in the name of science - but don't know if I could swallow my pride enough to futz up a $120.00 watch !
Man - I am not whipped, mind you -(okay...not TOO much ! LOL) but $120.00 ? Yeah - I would have to pass unless I saw one for $20.00 ! ;D

S

SenKat

If someone buys it, and sends it to me, I could see if it were modifyable - I do not think there is enough space in there, though....

I think the watch would cause an ugly bulge in your sleeve what with all the batteries under the timepiece :eek:

Mike

K

kingzilla

Wow, at $25, I am really tempted to try the mod. :D I would think you could run the power from the watch to a pack on your belt, otherwise your batts could die really quickly with a 200mw laser....

K

kingzilla

Laser guided saw
post-skillaserx2size.jpg

+

C02 Laser

lasercotton.jpg

=

A lot more work for the fire department.

fire1.jpg

Moderator said:
Laser guided saw
post-skillaserx2size.jpg

+

C02 Laser

lasercotton.jpg

=

A lot more work for the fire department.

fire1.jpg

lol! can't argue with that!!! ;)

why not just put a 1000W laser and forget the saw ::)

K

kingzilla

I want to see what would happen if someone rapleced the laser in the scanner at the supermarket with a spyder... :D

Moderator said:
I want to see what would happen if someone rapleced the laser in the scanner at the supermarket with a spyder... :D

No not a spider a Herc 400 that would scare them.