Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser type

BigDEE

hello im a new member and I want to get a burning laser but not like those huge 2 watt ones from lazerer or wicked lazers I want one thats also extremely well seen during the daytime because my puppy is an idiot and trys to get away from us when we let her outside so at night a use the little lazer I have from Walmart and she runs after it but it doesn't work during the day so any suggestions slash warnings

Appreciated in advance

=--_
.-""""""-. |* _)
/ \ / /
/ \_/ /
_ /| /
_-'"/\ / | ____ _.-" _
_-' ( '-_ _ ( \ |\ /\ || .-'".".
_.-' '. `'-._ .-'"/'. " | |/ / | |/ _-" ( '-_
'. _-" ( '-_ \ | / \ | _.-' ) "-._
_.' _.-' ) "-._ ||\\ |\\ '"' .-'
' .-' `' || \\ ||))
jjs__ _ ___ _ ____________ _____ ___ _|\ _|\_|\\/ _______________ ___ _
c c " c C ""C " "" "" ""
c C
C C
C
C c

Last edited:

LP 532nm 1-150

The 100mw version of this laser should meet all of your needs. Will be easily seen in daytime and have some burning capacity. Although if you plan on up close burning you will need safety glasses rated for green laser light to avoid damaging your eyes.

BigDEE

Does it come in blue or red those are the two color choices I was stuck between but if not it doesn't matter thanks for checkin that out for me

BigDEE

LP 532nm 1-150

The 100mw version of this laser should meet all of your needs. Will be easily seen in daytime and have some burning capacity. Although if you plan on up close burning you will need safety glasses rated for green laser light to avoid damaging your eyes.

what would I want to get (and from where) should I want a more powerful laser and please keep in mind This on my B-DAY list with more expensive things like: a Spyder Victor pb marker, a balisong trainer, a benchmade model 42 balisong, and paracord(1,000 yards of it). So needless to say I want to get a laser that will boil water or pop a black balloon and also melt the paracord ( I make paracord survival bracelets ) thanks for all of your help you were awesome ( I'll send you a bracelet if you pm me your address)

What I need to know is how important power is, how important color is, and what your budget is. You have clarified the power level, you want a laser that can cut paracord, this can be done with red, green, blue, and purple lasers. Blue being the lease expensive, then purple, then red, then green in ascending price order.

BTW I've always thought those paracord survival bracelets are pretty cool, I would definitely like one. Especially if it was made of this paracord.

Paracord Glow in the Dark 1/8" size

BigDEE

What I need to know is how important power is, how important color is, and what your budget is. You have clarified the power level, you want a laser that can cut paracord, this can be done with red, green, blue, and purple lasers. Blue being the lease expensive, then purple, then red, then green in ascending price order.

BTW I've always thought those paracord survival bracelets are pretty cool, I would definitely like one. Especially if it was made of this paracord.

Paracord Glow in the Dark 1/8" size

I don't use that kind but I will look into it the kind I use is military grade 550 cord which essential means that it will hold 550 pounds per square inch and those come in different colors maybe they have glow in the dark I'll look into it for ya.;)

How has no one mentioned that a laser over 5mW could blind your puppy? Maybe 100mW or less would be safe but certainly not a 1W 445nm !

P.s. 500th post !! :D:D:D

Last edited:
No offense, but you don't need a laser. You need a leash.

Forgetting for a second the safety implications of using over a 5mW with your dog, and possibly harming his eyesight, it's also not good for them in development.

Chasing the dot, and never catching it, can be very upsetting to a dog... don't do it.

Let me just reiterate...

DO NOT USE A HIGH POWERED LASER AROUND YOUR DOG.

Preferably don't use ANY laser around your dog.

To avoid having your dog run away... TRAIN YOUR DOG.

As a last resort... get a dog whistle.

BigDEE

No offense, but you don't need a laser. You need a leash.

Forgetting for a second the safety implications of using over a 5mW with your dog, and possibly harming his eyesight, it's also not good for them in development.

Chasing the dot, and never catching it, can be very upsetting to a dog... don't do it.

Let me just reiterate...

DO NOT USE A HIGH POWERED LASER AROUND YOUR DOG.

Preferably don't use ANY laser around your dog.

To avoid having your dog run away... TRAIN YOUR DOG.

As a last resort... get a dog whistle.
Hey thanks sounds good and we have a leash but do you want to get up at 6:00 in the morning and put her leash on when shes 4 months old and hates it with a passion and wont sit still and is trying to bite it anyways sounds good

I think the solution is two get 2 laser. One for the dog and one for you. This one for your dog should be alright.

LP 635nm 650nm 5-130
The 635nm 20mw I have has a very visible dot even in daylight yet doesn't burn. Also you cannot see the beam.

Then get whatever you want for burning or star pointing or whatever.

Hey thanks sounds good and we have a leash but do you want to get up at 6:00 in the morning and put her leash on when shes 4 months old and hates it with a passion and wont sit still and is trying to bite it anyways sounds good

That's part of what it means to have a dog!

What did you think, that you get a puppy that's just going to be nice a cute, and you only walk them when you feel like it, when it's nice out?

NO.

First six months or so, you will need to walk her 4-6 times a day, or expect accidents at home.

You should TRAIN her to love the leash, and get used to walking her, when she needs to be walked.

What did you think, that you get a puppy that's just going to be nice a cute, and you only walk them when you feel like it, when it's nice out?

I'm often surprised by the number of first-time parents that become irritated when their kid(s) won't stay parked in front of the television for 6 to 8 hours a day. :thinking:

BigDEE

NO.

First six months or so, you will need to walk her 4-6 times a day, or expect accidents at home.

You should TRAIN her to love the leash, and get used to walking her, when she needs to be walked.
plz understand that she is walked 4-6 times a day but she doesn't like the leash because we have her trained infront of our 4-wheeler she listens to the engine for when to speed up and slow down and she loves that she would rather run in the woods for an hour or two at about 10 mph than walk on a leash on the pavement.