Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser selling question (school)

If I were to build some lasers off sankats sony diodes, hook em up and put them in casing...

how much would each sell for?
NOT THAT I AM SAYING ANYBODY WOULD BUY THEM HERE, I know you all are not that dumb, and would never buy anything from a noob like me. I mean at like school, how much would they sell for?

thanks

S

SenKat

I would not sell these, or any other lasers at a school, secondary or otherwise. You are looking for MAJOR trouble if you even think about selling stuff like this at school. Unless by "school" you actually mean, "college" or a 18 years old and older type of situation ? To each their own, but I would not suggest you taking anything like this to school, unless it is to show a physics teacher or something like that - you are looking for deep trouble otherwise.

kaeus

Good thing I'm in college. I'm still afraid to even sell one to my friends because I think they'll burn their eyes out.

S

SenKat

kaeus said:
Good thing I'm in college. I'm still afraid to even sell one to my friends because I think they'll burn their eyes out.

And THAT is a valid fear !

kaeus

Yeah, I turned my Element into a laser just using the diode already in the Axiz Module (Which I have issues getting out in the other one I finally got out) and they were a bit careless with it, so I'm having seconds thoughts. I think I need to draw up an agreement stating I'm not liable for any damage done...heh. Still....I think it'd be best to sell them here to people who might handle them better.

I'm guessing any school short of College would consider this a weapon and come down hard. I wouldn't even show this to a teacher unless it was not on school grounds and you knew the teacher was very cool.

If you do sell one of these, make sure you would trust the person buying it to treat it like a loaded gun. In some ways it's more dangerous since the beam can bounce off a shiny surface and damage eyesight easier than a bullet can ricochet and injure someone. Your average person just doesn't understand the dangers enough to treat it with the necessary respect.

I used my core for a powerpoint presentation just yesterday ;D
university of course
everybody was like oooooo
haha

S

SenKat

Before selling them in school - ask yourself if you would sell an M-80 (powerful, explosive firework), or a poisenous blowdart to the same person. I would not sell anything like that in a school - you risk being expelled, prosecuted, or worse. Don't do it, period - it would be one of the most stupid things ever.

ok then, thanks, but can I get a price... for lets say in eBay, or to a freind of mine (who lives next door mabe), oh and please please no "does your freinds mom know about this". I get the point, thanks, these things are dangerous, and the average american teenager is to "slow" to realize that (unless they learn the hard way). And if I do sell anywhere I'll have to do the "I am not liable" stuff, nice idea kaeus.

SenKat said:
Before selling them in school - ask yourself if you would sell an M-80 (powerful, explosive firework), or a poisenous blowdart to the same person.  I would not sell anything like that in a school - you risk being expelled, prosecuted, or worse.  Don't do it, period - it would be one of the most stupid things ever.

yea, i wouldent sell and M-80 (I know what they are... back in Ohio when they werent controlled... good old times) to this guy, good point, he'll prolly blind himself, hes the most retarded risk taker i've ever seen in my whole life.

yea ebay will take it down unless you put lgiht show module or something like that i had mine my friend wanted to buyb it i was like hell no he bought a greenie and was hining it at things in the sky and in peoples eyes no way would i have sold him a burning laser