Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser saftey goggles

do you own and wear saftey glases while using your lasers

• Yes

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

strik3

in light of the recent kipkay discussion i was interested in how many members actually do own saftey glases. i understand that it is a personal choice to wear them. and have nothing asainst people who understand laser saftey and choose not to wear them

GBD

I vote sometimes.

I pretty much always use them indoors. but outdoors and for long range, I don't use them.

joeyss

Depends on the power and WL. Like I have a 30mw green and I never use googles. ( unless I'm trying to reflect to off a mirror or test a beam expander since it might reflect) The green is bright enough that you're aware of what you're shining it at. I always use it for my 100mw green when I try to burn and the same with my 50 mw 405 ( you have to be careful with it since the 405nm is deceptive.)

Last edited:
It should be more specific, I like GBD ware them in doors and not when outdoors at long distances... so sometimes but thats doesn't sound right IMO it should be reworded...

GBD

Well..there are exeptions offcoarse.. but im just talking in general without getting too specific.

ARG

I use mine all the time in indoor situations, outside however, I don't use them, as long as it's not snowing or raining.