Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Safety Signs

Hello Laser Pointer Forums!

If you ever wanted to customize a "Danger" or "Warning" sign for hanging on a door or wall, here is a cool site I came across for making custom signs and templates: MySafetySign.com

"Danger" signs are a great way of letting people know of hazards like high power laser usage behind a door and a large number of other applications.

MySafetySign.com has a pretty wide variety of Pre-made templates for sale along with the ability to design your own custom signs in different sizes and materials. There are aluminum, plastic, laminated and dry erase signs available with an number of different symbols and clipart to choose from.

I personally, was looking for one to hang on the door to our garage to warn people and guests whenever I am using high power lasers. After looking through a number of Pre-Made templates, I decided to just make my own:

attachment.php

The tools that are given to use aren't the best, with rather limited customization when it comes to things like choosing your own pictures. It's still seems good enough for writing down what you want and moving your text and Pre-Selected pictures around.

And If you would rather not spend money on shipping a large sign to your location, they also offer free PDF downloads. I ended up just printing one out and trimming the sides after sticking it to a piece of cardboard.

attachment.php

Overall, I think it is a pretty cool site with a quite a few other safety related products for sale as well. Whether it be working in the basement or experimenting with lasers in the garage, MySafetySign.com provides many useful tools for the job.

Attachments

• guest20140916203357.jpg
    guest20140916203357.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 1,498
  • Danger sign.jpg
    Danger sign.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 1,008

Not bad, but if you watch ebay you can, once in a while, find old metal warning signs.

I picked up a steel one for Helium Neons in Yellow and a steel one for my Argon in white.

And the metal ones look way better than the plastic and are probably cheaper. But you have to watch for them.

upaa27

Yeah as ice cruncher said the gas warning signs you can find on ebay.

HOWEVER semiconductor diode, dpss, fiber, etc usually have REALLY varies outputs and wavelength compared to gas. So for those you usually have to have someone design one for you or make it yourself.

That aliasing is atrocious. I'll stick to google images + ms-paint thankyouverymuch.

Not bad, but if you watch ebay you can, once in a while, find old metal warning signs.

I picked up a steel one for Helium Neons in Yellow and a steel one for my Argon in white.

And the metal ones look way better than the plastic and are probably cheaper. But you have to watch for them.

Yes sorry, I should have made that a bit more clear. One of the reasons I found the site appealing was that you can make your own signs AND have aluminum/metal copies of them shipped in the mail. (4mm thick signs). I just liked the ability to make your own signs on the site and then have metal copies built for you.

attachment.php

Sorry Cyparagon for the somewhat pixilated and low quality printouts though lol. They want people to buy the metal copies instead of printing out all the time so they made the pdf copies rather low quality.

Attachments

• Laser Radiation Avoid Direct Eye Skin Exposure Sign - OSHA, SKU- S-2480 - MySafetySign.com.jpg
    Laser Radiation Avoid Direct Eye Skin Exposure Sign - OSHA, SKU- S-2480 - MySafetySign.com.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 1,151
Last edited: