Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Laser safety glasses

Coollaseruser

Would anyone be interested in buying my laser safety glasses?
Are you a new laser hobbyist who is looking for good budget safety glasses?
Then you have found the right advertisement!

These are real glasses that do well in protecting your eyeballs of wavelengths from 405nm up to 532 nm.

Great condition and no damage/scratches.

The red one is good for blue and green lasers up to 800mW.
The green one works good for blue and violet lasers up to 500-800mW.

The protection can be removed and reattached, and even be zip tied together to give you more levels of protection for powerful lasers.

Price: 10$ with shipping included.

PayPal payment method.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241008_222758_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20241008_222758_Gallery.jpg
    705.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20241006_132641_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20241006_132641_Facebook.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20241006_133535_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20241006_133535_Facebook.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Unless we get OD ratings and manufacturer's certification I'm reporting it before someone gets hurt.

Would anyone be interested in buying my laser safety glasses?
Are you a new laser hobbyist who is looking for good budget safety glasses?
Then you have found the right advertisement!

These are real glasses that do well in protecting your eyeballs of wavelengths from 405nm up to 532 nm.

Great condition and no damage/scratches.

The red one is good for blue and green lasers up to 800mW.
The green one works good for blue and violet lasers up to 500-800mW.

The protection can be removed and reattached, and even be zip tied together to give you more levels of protection for powerful lasers.

Price: Around 18$ for both glasses or 15$ for one with shipping included.

PayPal payment method.
I am free to discuss prices!
Sorry to say these are $5 glasses or even $1.99.
Big problem is they are mass produced with really no QC involved. Who knows how the lens poly vinyl was mixed?
Years ago I bought about 8 pairs to test and destroy. "Paying $1.25 to $2 each with winning bids" The lens and frame thickness's were all over the place.

Yes my red pairs did stop a 5W and 2W blue and 150mW a green laser but do you want to trust your precious eyes to glasses that might maby stop a high power laser or any power laser. They won't stop the IR from a 532 DPSS laser.
They have no ratings other than a maby "Anzi" rating for projectiles.

Get your self a some Eagles for $40 and you can test the ones your selling on the side lens or even the front for 5 seconds with a strong laser, if they stop the beam you can use them as strictly as backups for friends..

Last edited:
I got the report but not sure what to do here. He is free to sell as he has over 20 posts but they do look like the low quality crap you can get online cheap and the ones he's selling has no testing to prove performance. I guess I should just say buyer beware

Sorry to say these are $5 glasses or even $1.99.
Big problem is they are mass produced with really no QC involved. Who knows how the lens poly vinyl was mixed?
Years ago I bought about 8 pairs to test and destroy. "Paying $1.25 to $2 each with winning bids" The lens and frame thickness's were all over the place.

Yes my red pairs did stop a 5W and 2W blue and 150mW a green laser but do you want to trust your precious eyes to glasses that might maby stop a high power laser or any power laser. They won't stop the IR from a 532 DPSS laser.
They have no ratings other than a maby "Anzi" rating for projectiles.

Get your self a some Eagles for $40 and you can test the ones your selling on the side lens or even the front for 5 seconds with a strong laser, if they stop the beam you can use them as strictly as backups for friends..
I do have Eagle Pair safety glasses, which is the main reason why I am selling these since I don't need them anymore.

Anyone like laser beginners can purchase any safety glasses like the ones I am selling, amazon or Eagle Pair. In fact, why should a laser beginner shell 70-80$ on Eagle Pair goggles if it's likely he/she will own like 100mW lasers?

A beginner should start small and then go big when it comes to lasers, goggles or safety glasses. Because it's not fun to spend much and then regretting.

Keep in mind that these glasses for sale were the ones I used for months before I purchased Eagle Pair.

It's up to anyone and I am okay that everyone has it's own opinions.

Happy lasing!

I do have Eagle Pair safety glasses, which is the main reason why I am selling these since I don't need them anymore.

Anyone like laser beginners can purchase any safety glasses like the ones I am selling, amazon or Eagle Pair. In fact, why should a laser beginner shell 70-80$ on Eagle Pair goggles if it's likely he/she will own like 100mW lasers?

A beginner should start small and then go big when it comes to lasers, goggles or safety glasses. Because it's not fun to spend much and then regretting.

Keep in mind that these glasses for sale were the ones I used for months before I purchased Eagle Pair.

It's up to anyone and I am okay that everyone has it's own opinions.

Happy lasing!
I started with these same glasses and yes my laser collection started getting stronger and stronger.
Many start that way too..

I came to realize that these red lens and green lens had a VTL of over 50% which made it harder to see the spot I might be burning something with. That caused me to lift the glasses up to see better if only for a couple seconds.
In those couple seconds anything can happen bad.

Going with Eagles and a 30% VTL helps to keep your glasses on..

I started with these same glasses and yes my laser collection started getting stronger and stronger.
Many start that way too..

I came to realize that these red lens and green lens had a VTL of over 50% which made it harder to see the spot I might be burning something with. That caused me to lift the glasses up to see better if only for a couple seconds.
In those couple seconds anything can happen bad.

Going with Eagles and a 30% VTL helps to keep your glasses on..
Yes sir, I completely agree with your important opinion :)

Laser safety is what helps anyone enjoying lasers in safe and responsible ways.

Don't forget to follow me and stay tuned for more posts!

Greetings

Wtf are you guys talking about? Saving a bit of cash? You may as well not buy laser goggles to not have a feeling of safety. Single direct hit from some reflection and you may go blind in them (or may not but with both the tolerance and the specs you don't know).

Wtf are you guys talking about? Saving a bit of cash? You may as well not buy laser goggles to not have a feeling of safety. Single direct hit from some reflection and you may go blind in them (or may not but with both the tolerance and the specs you don't know).
These laser safety glasses work well for new laser beginners that might not have high powered lasers and can use these for entry level lasers.
Plz read my replied thread again.

Thanks

Sorry to disappoint you @Coollaseruser, but unfortunately more and more of those you called *beginners*, are always looking for the powerful laser, the best on the market at the moment, the first are my children, often when they are with me and we have some fun with lasers, they ask me, dad, can I have one as powerful as yours, all and only for me?
I always answer them, *sure my son, but not before one of these centuries*, they laugh and don't think about it anymore.

These laser safety glasses work well for new laser beginners that might not have high powered lasers and can use these for entry level lasers.
Plz read my replied thread again.

Thanks
No, they don't. Maximum flashed, safe exposure is around 0.4mW. Even the shittiest lasers have >10mW of power. Will you bet your eyes that this glasses offer >1.5OD over entire aperture and spectrum?

Back